Get Matomo Up and Running
- Requirements Unsure about what is needed to run Matomo (Piwik)?
- Installation Follow this how-to and you will have a ready-to-use Matomo (Piwik) instance on your server. You can also watch our How to Install Matomo Video tutorial.
- Integrate with your website CMS If you use a CMS, web framework or ecommerce shop, you can automatically include the Matomo (Piwik) tracking code in your pages using one of the Matomo integration plugins.
Optimize & Secure Matomo
- Auto Archiving If your website has more than a few hundreds visits per day, activate auto archiving to speed up Matomo’s dashboard.
- Secure Matomo (Piwik) Easy steps to take to ensure your Matomo server is secure and your analytics data is safe.
- High Traffic Servers – Optimization tips Tips & Server configuration guide to track millions of pages per month with Matomo (Piwik).
- Data Limits Data sheets of limits in place in Matomo (Piwik) in terms of websites, users, custom reports. visits tracked, custom variables, etc.
- Enable Geo Location Matomo (Piwik) can track the country of visitors but also the regions and cities after you enable the Free GeoIP database using our easy to use interface. If you need better geo location for your visitors, you can buy the pro GeoIP DB from within Matomo.
- How to Configure Matomo Analytics? [Video]
- Update Matomo Learn how to update Matomo (Piwik) to its most recent release.
- Manage your Database Size
- Changelog Follow this link if you want to know which bugs were corrected and which features have been added in each Matomo (Piwik) release.