You can configure Matomo (Piwik) to use GMAIL as the mailserver. To do so, login as Super User, go to Administration > General Settings. Under ‘Email server settings’ you may configure the SMTP server form as follows:
- Use SMTP server for e-mail: YES
- SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- Authentication method for SMTP: Login
- SMTP username: your gmail username
- SMTP password: your gmail password
- SMTP encryption: SSL
Also you need to go in to Gmail and enable the option “Allow Less Secure Apps” here. Stay assured Matomo (Piwik) is still absolutely secure.
All Matomo (Piwik) emails (Scheduled PDF Reports, Password reset confirmation, etc.) will now be sent using Gmail servers.