By default Matomo (Piwik) creates tables in your Mysql database with InnoDB table engine. Sometimes if you manage a high traffic Matomo instance you may want to use Matomo with TokuDB table engine instead of InnoDB. Currently Matomo does not let the user select TokuDB during the installation process. However you can follow these simple steps to install Matomo with TokuDB:
- Upload the latest Matomo (Piwik) release to your server
- Before you install Matomo (Piwik), modify the
config/global.ini.phpfile, and under
[database]section change from
type = InnoDBto
type = TokuDB
- Install Matomo (Piwik) by going through the few steps. Matomo will create your tables with the TokuDB engine.
- After the installation is successful, edit on your server the
config/config.ini.phpfile and below
[database]add a new line:
type = TokuDB.
- Enjoy your high performance Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) service!