We’re thrilled that you’re interested in testing our early beta and RC releases for Matomo – your feedback is vital to our development process. Here’s how you can enable automatic updates to use these development versions:
To use the beta release channel, please follow these steps:
- Login as the Super User in Matomo
- go to System > General Settings.
- Next to “When checking for new version of Matomo, always get”, select “The latest beta release”.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. Congrats: you are now using the beta release channel!
Then you can proceed to easily update to the latest beta version (or release candidate) by following these steps:
- go to Administration,
- then click on the “Check for updates” box in the top right of the screen.
- In this box, click “Check for updates”. If a new beta is available, the “About Matomo” box will turn orange.
- You can then update Matomo (Piwik) in one click.
To manually download any Matomo package versions including betas, visit builds.matomo.org.
We do only release beta versions that are supposed to be stable (when our thousands of automated tests were successful), but please note that beta versions have a risk of containing bugs (which in some very rare cases could lead to data loss).
If you find and report a bug in a beta version, we will aim to fix it as quickly as possible.
Thank you so much for using the beta channel!