Matomo 4.14.0 and 4.14.1
We are proud to announce Matomo 4.14.0: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
This is the last planned minor release for Matomo 4, it contains numerous fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
As well as improving stability and compatibility, this release includes some background preparatory work for the exciting features coming in Matomo 5!
A patch release 4.14.1 was released shortly after to fix a regression that was introduced and was causing an error for some users.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
66 tickets have been closed by 16 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 4.14.0 release there is a change to the HTTP tracking API, the campaign attribution tracking parameters `_rcn` and `_rck` are no longer used to attribute visits. Those parameters will now only be used to attribute conversions. If you want to manually attribute a visit to a campaign ensure to attach camapign parameters to the tracked URL instead. The Tracking API Reference documentation was updated.
Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
Need help upgrading Matomo?
Read the Updating Matomo user guide or for more help we offer paid support plans.
List of 66 tickets closed in Matomo 4.14.0
- #17399 Add diagnostics command options to list and delete unexpected files [by @flamisz, @bx80]
- #20285 Tabbing (tab navigation with keyboard) is not working in Matomo 4.13 (regression) [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #20306 In accept invitation screen show the email instead of the username [by @sgiehl]
- #20380 Improve detection of GA3 and GA4 to more accurately suggest correct tracking set up guides [by @tsteur]
- #20410 Added code to include schedule command for plugins while generating github action [by @AltamashShaikh, @bx80]
- #20343 Feedback success overlay might not be shown [by @sgiehl]
- #20404 OptOut: Remove extra twig markings [by @coffeemakr, @sgiehl]
- #20430 Ensure empty widgets are loaded correctly [by @sgiehl]
- #20441 Ensure archiving for segments uses correct date ranges [by @sgiehl]
- #20370 Slightly improve visits log layout as dashboard widget [by @sgiehl, @JackySw]
- #20166 Adjust some archivers to use correct row limit when aggregating periods [by @sgiehl]
- #20307 Fix PHP 8.2 deprecations in 2FA plugin [by @sgiehl]
- #20312 What’s new icon “on” doesn’t show there is a new entry when never clicked on it previously [by @sgiehl]
- #20323 Fix for PHP8 type error on NFS diagnostic check [by @bx80]
- #20333 Fix non-countable fatal error in the datatable class [by @bx80, @sgiehl]
- #20336 Fix to allow campaign switching during a session [by @bx80, @sgiehl]
- #20339 Harden check for multiple sites [by @sgiehl]
- #20356 Fix PHP 8.1 deprecation in DevicesDetection [by @sgiehl]
- #20357 Ensure to use int values to determine maximum values in graphs [by @sgiehl]
- #20358 Fix compatibility of minimum PHP version check with older versions [by @bx80, @sgiehl]
- #20374 Language is not correctly detected automatically by Matomo [by @sgiehl]
- #20391 Fix visits log might show incorrect action for groups [by @sgiehl]
- #20399 Fix for unsupported operand error in RowEvolution [by @bx80]
- #20402 Fixes for PHP 8.2 deprecation warnings [by @bx80]
- #20426 Fix PHP 8.2 deprecation in event actions [by @sgiehl]
- #20098 Avoid errors when trying to create invalid date objects [by @sgiehl]
- #20222 Fix for creating a new segment that has some visits will show 2 notifications instead of 1 [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
- #20262 Make millisecond dimension grouping less error prone [by @snake14, @sgiehl]
- #20272 Remove unneeded table from query when querying conversions by page view to increase performance [by @tsteur, @bx80]
- #20296 Trim spaces from login email in password reset process if some are set [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #20298 Unset link token when accepting an invite [by @tsteur, @bx80]
- #20303 Fix Matomo dialog does not close [by @tsteur, @bx80]
- #20424 Delete log table data in chunks to prevent possible performance issues [by @tsteur]
- #20425 Add new metricTypes report metadata to prepare for LookerStudio integration [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #20429 Updated bug report template: moved Context to the top [by @Stan-vw, @bx80]
- #20437 Fixed PHP 8.2 deprecation error in CustomDimensions [by @snake14, @sgiehl]
- #20438 Get all numerics in one go for faster goal conversion calculation [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #20471 Added new semantic types for date/datetime for CrashAnalytics [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #386 Replace Travis.CI tests with GitHub action [by @peterhashair, @snake14]
- #594 Improvements to MTM tracker to allow full _paq functionality [by @snake14]
- #606 Added code to create default container for idsite:1 if not created [by @AltamashShaikh]
- #607 Images and text updated for tags [by @AltamashShaikh, @snake14]
- #7344 Detect devices for exists brands: LG, Energy Sistem, SmartBook, Arnova [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7345 Detect new brand BMXC and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7346 Detect new brands: V-Gen, Nedaphone and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7348 Detect new brands: Frunsi, RelNAT, TeloSystems, MIWANG and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7349 Detect new brands: HeadWolf, Great Asia, Zamolxe, ZoomSmart and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7350 Fix possible error if an incorrect version list array is provided [by @sgiehl]
- #7353 Detect new brands: PC Smart, Ephone, YunSong, SYH, iRobot and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7354 Overwrite device type smartphone – if UA contains a’prefix, Pad/APad [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7355 Detect new brands: Roam Cat, DIMO, Everest, SANY and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7357 Detect new brands: Attila, BRAVE and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7359 Detect new brands: BenWee, BluSlate, Bookeen, Lectrus, LeBest, NOVO, Pano, Surge, Volt and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7360 Adds detection for various bots and apps [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7362 Detect new brands: FFF SmartLife, NuVision, Versus and Detect devices for exist brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7364 Detect Morning Score bot [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7365 Fir for YamlParser AppHints & BrowserHints [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7366 Detect browsers: YandexBrowser, AlohaBrowser for iOS and Detect apps: Quora, JJ2GO, BonPrix [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7367 Fix: YamlParser for AppHints & BrowserHints [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7373 Detect devices for exist brands: POCO, OPPO, Ravoz, Vivo, Samsung, Huawei, Nubia, OnePlus, Oukitel, Xiaomi [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #113 Add function to set api url [by @Vmadmax, @sgiehl]
- #22 Use bash syntax for installation instructions [by @michalkleiner, @sgiehl]
- #1343 Add nutriwestncahi.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1344 Add epcpolo.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1345 Add 100+ .xyz domains [by @kevin-wellinger, @spmedia]
New guides and FAQs
- How to fix the error “Matomo is unable to write to some directories”?
- Improve geolocation accuracy with Matomo for WordPress
- Is it possible to change the campaign dimension combinations?
- How do I track form conversions?
- How do I install the Matomo tracking code to my Kajabi website?
- Configure Log Retention in Matomo
- How is funnel data archived?
- In Form reports, why do I not see any form conversions?
- Set up login with saml authentication – security considerations
New and updated guides:
- Compare table row data with evolution graphs
- Configuring evolution graph reports
- Where to find row evolution graphs?
- How to export evolution graph data
- Understanding row evolution graphs
- Why use an analytics tool?
- How do I disable all cookies for a visitor?
- Why is privacy so important?
- Personal data Matomo analytics collects and why
- Data Sovereignty: Where your analytics data is stored
- Privacy considerations for personal data in analytics
- Introduction to page analytics reports
- Important page analytics metrics to understand
- Understanding page performance metrics
- Identify your slowest pages
- Entry Pages Reports: Which pages are making a good first impression?
- Exit Pages Report: Discover Why People Leave Your Site
- Explore analytics for specific pages in more detail
- Analysing pages by Title Reports instead of URL Reports
- Location table reports
- Use cases for location data
- Privacy implication of location data
Evolution graphs & row evolution
Why use Analytics?
Pages and Behavior
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!