We are proud to announce Matomo 3.13.3: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
In this new release we’re solving a few regressions and making a few minor improvements. In terms of bugs, an issue in the Overlay report causing sessions to logout has been fixed. Other issues were fixed the Samesite cookies handling and session, and a bug was fixed in the new Date comparison feature. Some more referrer spammers and device detections were added as well.
And we’re very excited to launch Matomo for WordPress!
We’ve started working on Matomo 4.0.0 which should be released in around 4 months. We may release Matomo 3.13.4 if there are any regressions or important bugs to address before Matomo 4.0.0. We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
19 tickets have been closed by 8 contributors.
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to make the most of your Matomo Analytics and get professional support.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this release there are no change to the platform. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 100 plugins already compatible with Matomo 3 and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
- iOS SDK [by @brototyp]
- Android SDK [by @d4rken]
Matomo is hiring a Digital Analytics Expert & Content Writer
Do you know someone who lives and breathes web analytics? at Matomo we’re hiring and looking for someone with a robust mix of technical and communication skills, with a passion for teaching others about digital and web analytics through writing.
Learn more: matomo.org/digital-analytics-expert-content-writer
If you work in digital/web analytics or digital marketing, we appreciate if you can share this to your network or contacts!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- 3…2…1…Matomo Analytics launches on the WordPress directory!
- How do I install Matomo for WordPress?
- How do I trigger a tag when any DOM element which matches a CSS selector is clicked?
- Is Matomo Analytics HIPAA compliant?
- Antivirus program or malware checker or Google Ads claim that matomo.js or piwik.js are malware, what can I do?
- How do I implement server-side analytics tracking (or desktop apps tracking) with Matomo?
- How can I change the language of Matomo as a user?
- How do I install the Matomo Analytics tracking code on Joomla?
List of 19 tickets closed in Matomo 3.13.3
- #15513 Loading Page Overlay fails and logs user out [by @diosmosis]
- #15602 Fix session cookies for Matomo installed in subdirectory [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
- #15605 Fix VisitorFrequency.get API for idsites=all [by @sgiehl]
- #15553 piwik_ignore cookie is blocked on macOS and Chrome 80 [by @diosmosis]
- #15561 Various fixes for Samesite handling in sessions, iframes [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #15568 Support tracker js files from custom plugin directories [by @tsteur]
- #15569 Fix non-numeric value encountered in session recording [by @tsteur]
- #15576 Do not record the stack trace for user input errors [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #15577 During archive invalidation clear general cache less often [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15590 Fallback to JSON renderer if no valid format is given [by @tsteur]
- #15592 Try to determine the region iso code based on its name if not available [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
- #1176 More spammers, again [by @AaronVanGeffen, @spmedia]
- #1177 Add blogking.top [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1178 Add denisecarey.top [by @swewing, @spmedia]
- #1179 Add elizabethbruno.top [by @swewing, @spmedia]
- #1180 Add adelachrist.top [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #59 Documentation Example, How to use [by @tsteur]
- #6173 Detect devices for brands: Wieppo, DEXP, Bezkam, Blaupunkt, Starway, Ginzzu, Huawei, HP, ZTE, iRulu, Kruger&Matz, Irbis, Gionee, Nomi, Highscreen, Chuwi, Lenovo, LG, teXet, Gigabyte, MegaFon, Xiaomi, Virga, Digma, Geotel, Xoro, Ghong, KATV1, NG Optics [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6175 Detect devices for brands: Condor, Asus, Oppo, LYF, Blackview, Krüger&Matz, Sharp [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!