We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes web analytics.
The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical and communication skills, with a passion for teaching others through writing.
Our knowledge base articles on Matomo.org are viewed around 100,000 times per month. The knowledge base is an integral part of the user experience and almost every user will read a few user guides. By improving our user guides we will educate our users and make them more successful with our product. So our users and customers will stay longer and be happier.
What you will do
- Revamp our existing 40-60 user guides.
- Educate the Matomo community to make the most out of Matomo Analytics and become experts in improving their websites.
- Write about real-life use cases on how to use each specific feature.
- Explain how to achieve a specific goal or outcome; how to solve specific problems; and how to find opportunities, using Matomo and web analytics practise.
- Bring your own ideas and suggest product improvements to the team.
- Have an impact by sharing your knowledge.
- Extensive experience using web analytics and conversion optimisation tools like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- For example, you must have used all the main features of digital analytics tools, such as: dimensions, metrics, goals, funnels, dashboards, custom reports, behavior, and acquisition.
- Experience in digital analytics practise consulting with many different clients. You must have, not only used the tool for analysing and reporting data, but also improved many websites using all aspects of modern web analytics tools.
- Outstanding written communication.
- Self-driven with great time management skills.
- Able to make complex concepts easily understandable.
- Ideally you will have experience in creating content about digital analytics.
- Ideally you will have experience teaching, or giving training on web analytics practise to other professionals.
- Ideally you will have experience using a tag manager tool, such as Google Tag Manager (GTM).
What we offer
- Part-time or full-time (we’re flexible).
- Competitive remuneration.
- Flexible hours.
- Minimum 1 year contract. Opportunity for permanent role afterwards.
- Work from home or a co-working space.
- You can be located anywhere in the world.
We are a team of passionate people. We believe in quality and innovation to build web analytics software that suits the changing world. Our mission is to support businesses and global organisations keep full control of their data. Matomo is used by 1 million websites in the world.
Interested? Please apply here.