We are proud to announce Matomo 3.13.4: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
In this new release we are aiming to solve a couple of small regressions that were recently introduced, as well as making a few minor improvements. We’re also making Matomo faster and more secure.
In terms of bugs, a few issues were fixed around the recent SameSite cookie browser changes, including a regression where “Remember me” was not working anymore. Some minor PHP 7.4 compatibility issues were fixed.
If you are not yet running PHP 7.2, admin users will see a notification in the User Interface reminding them to upgrade the PHP version. Matomo 4 will require PHP 7.2.
Matomo is now a bit faster: some SQL queries were optimised, and other performance issues fixed for example around invalidating archives less aggressively.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
49 tickets have been closed by more than 12 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to make the most of your Matomo Analytics and get professional support.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release is rated moderate security release.
Thanks to the responsible disclosure from Tijme (on Hackerone) of a possible XSS issue, we have now fixed this potential XSS issue.
Our security bug bounty program welcomes & rewards researchers who discover and responsibly report to us any security issues found in Matomo or any of the plugins created by Matomo/InnoCraft.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
List of 49 tickets closed in Matomo 3.13.4
- #15625 ‘Remember me’ not working because cookie expire is in wrong format [by @sgiehl]
- #15598 Set samesite lax instead of None if site is not on https [by @tsteur]
- #15623 Mention require PHP 7.2 in admin notification [by @sgiehl]
- #15588 slow SQL query using MariaDB causing high CPU load [by @sgiehl]
- #15609 Limit max execution time of transitions feature [by @sgiehl]
- #15616 Review Archive invalidation code [by @diosmosis]
- #15646 Today archive is invalidated too often [by @diosmosis]
- #14694 Warning – ucwords() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given [by @katebutler, @sgiehl]
- #14764 Page Overlay stuck on “Loading…”
- #15589 [Geo] Unknown region metrics increased significantly after update to v3.13.1 [by @diosmosis]
- #15629 Using Opt-Out iFrame twice doesn’t work [by @sgiehl]
- #15637 Ecommerce Orders Conversion Rate Rounding Error [by @sgiehl]
- #15550 Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in core/Session/SessionAuth.php on line 63 [by @diosmosis]
- #15651 Prevent connection timed out when requesting configs.php file on IIS in web.config [by @sgiehl]
- #15672 There is no way to enable ‘secure’ for the 3rd party cookie [by @tsteur]
- #15580 Geolocation: automatically download latest paid DB-IP databases [by @sgiehl]
- #15614 Remove donation widget from dashboard [by @tsteur]
- #15665 Convert range date to date archive if needed [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #15673 Always send a referrer-policy header [by @polarbirke, @diosmosis]
- #15684 Retry compiling less file if it fails [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15686 Prevent notice in PHP 7.4 Passing glue string after array is deprecated [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15687 Make sure config cache is only used when there is a correct path [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15707 Detect page view bucket [by @tsteur]
- #6174 Oppo devices not detected (new useragent list & model names)
- #6176 Detect devices for brands: Asus, Oppo, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, LG, Wiko, Nuvo, Alcatel, Irbis, Heair, Motorola, CoolPad, Sunvell, AllDocube, Assistant, DEXP, ZTE, CAT, Xiaomi, Google, Yandex, Hisense, T-Mobile, Allview, ViewSonic, Yxtel, Ginzzu, HTC [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6178 Add Java port to README.md [by @mngsk, @sgiehl]
- #6181 Add ScalaJ HTTP library [by @wallin, @sgiehl]
- #6183 Detection of Google Stackdriver Monitoring [by @Pierre-Lannoy, @sgiehl]
- #6184 Detection for Google Cloud Scheduler [by @Pierre-Lannoy, @sgiehl]
- #6185 Car tablet CarPad
- #6186 Panasonic Lumix DMC-CM1
- #6189 feat(device) detect new brand NewsMy & CarPad 2, CarPad 3; [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6191 Detect devices for brands: Wiko, Oysters, Pixus, Cherry Mobile, Vivo, EvroMedia, Allview, ZTE, Lenovo, Kiwi, Spectrum, Vesta, Ritmix, Casper, NUU, Ginzzu, Telefunken, National, Kaiomy, Kanji [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6195 Added Node Fetch library [by @wallin, @sgiehl]
- #6198 Adds detection for Samsung devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6200 Adds detection for iHunt devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6201 Adds detection for Allview devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6202 Adds detection for Wiko devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #1181 More spammers [by @AaronVanGeffen, @spmedia]
- #1182 Add greentechsy.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1184 Add ingramreed.xyz [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1185 Add janemill.xyz [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1186 More spammers [by @AaronVanGeffen, @spmedia]
- #1187 Add sabinablog.xyz [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1188 Add martinahome.xyz [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #229 Set samesite flag (used in “preview mode” in tag manager container) [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #232 Remove duplicate index in variables table [by @tsteur]
- #60 Prevent double slashes [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #180 Improve regex for date and time in w3c formats [by @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!