Self-hosting web analytics got a whole lot easier! Introducing Matomo for WordPress
A privacy friendly Google Analytics alternative that is easy to install and easy to use yet powerful when you need it to be. Enjoy full ownership and full control over your data with Matomo.
Get a fully functioning Matomo (which is comparable to Google Analytics) in seconds! How? With the new Matomo Analytics for WordPress plugin. Requires no developer knowledge. Simply install the plugin, activate tracking and you’re good to go.
Web analytics in WordPress has never been easier to get, or more powerful. Matomo Analytics for WordPress is the one-stop problem solver. It’ll save you time, money and give you the insights to help your website or business succeed.
Best of all, we get to further the goal of decentralising the internet. Our hope is for Matomo Analytics for WordPress to spread far and wide. We’re so excited that more and more people can now get their hands on this powerful, free, open-source analytics platform, in a few clicks!
Download now and check it out!
What do you get?
- No more signing up to third party analytics service (like Google)
- No more sending away your valuable data to a third party service (like Google)
- Easy setup – install with a few clicks, no tracking code installation or developer knowledge needed
- 100% accurate data – no data sampling and no data limits
- Full data ownership – all data is stored on your servers and no one else can see your data
- Privacy protection / GDPR compliance – no other analytics tool has more privacy related features
- Ecommerce tracking out-of-the-box (Woocommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and MemberPress) and we’re keen to add many more over time
- Powerful features – segmenting, comparing reports, different visualisations, real-time reports, visit logs and visitor profiles, Matomo Tag Manager, dashboards, data export, APIs, and many more
- Compared to other WordPress solutions we don’t charge you extra for basic features that should work out-of-the-box
- Just like Matomo On-Premise, Matomo Analytics for WordPress is free
How do you get Matomo Analytics for WordPress?
In perfect harmony: Matomo and WordPress
The idea for this started two years ago when we realised the similarities between the Matomo and WordPress project.
Not only from a technological point of view – where both are based on PHP and MySQL and can be extended using plugins – but also from a philosophical, license and values point of view. We both believe in privacy, security, data ownership, openness, transparency, having things working out-of-the-box, simplicity etc.
WordPress is currently used on approximately 30% of all websites. Many of them use the self-hosted open-source WordPress version. Giving everyone in this market the opportunity to easily get a powerful web analytics platform for free, means a lot to us. We believe WordPress users get a real choice besides the standard solution of Google Analytics, and it furthers our effort and goal of decentralising the internet.
We’re hoping more people will be empowered to protect user privacy, have access to a great free and open-source tool, and keep control of data in their own hands.
We hope you feel the same. Please help us spread the word to your friends and get them in on this awesome new project!
Matomo Analytics for WordPress newsletter
Get ahead of the crowd – signup to our exclusive Matomo for WordPress newsletter to get the latest updates on this exciting new project.