Stay compliant with strict data privacy and security policies with Log Analytics
Peace of mind for even the most data sensitive industries:
This gives you and your users a higher level of security with the ability to generate reports by importing web server logs.
NOTE: This doesn’t include e-commerce sites that use a payment gateway for transactions as that is protected by the payment provider.
- Government agencies: Serving the public means protecting the public’s identity that’s provided when they sign in to personal portals for government payments, documents etc.
- Financial institutions: When customers use online banking services or communication portals that hold delicate information, it’s even more important to be vigilant. Don’t risk data falling into the wrong hands.
- Healthcare: Patient confidentiality could be compromised if you aren’t fully protecting their records through an online service.
- Education institutions: How students and faculty members communicate through online portals, like Moodle, or how they access their grades and online resources should be protected by a highly secure tracking method.
No waiting around - actionable insights the second you setup Log Analytics
This way you get a head start in learning about who your visitors and customers are to grow your business faster.
NOTE: While there are many benefits to using Log Analytics, some features are unavailable using this tracking method, including:
- Screen resolution and page titles
- Content tracking
- Heatmaps and Session recordings
- Form analytics
Features of Matomo Log Analytics
- 100% data ownership
- Protect user privacy with IP anonymisation
- Recognises most server log formats (Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.)
- Easily migrate from AWStats and Urchin by importing your historical logs into Matomo
- Track people who use ad blocker
- Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI compliant
- Automatically exclude bots (search engines, spam bots, etc.) from reports. There is an option to track bots and assign them a custom variable to differentiate them from human visitors
How it works:
Example of a web server log file
Benefits of choosing Matomo
You are the owner of the data you collect and nobody else.
Get full control over your data.
Matomo is fully privacy compliant.
With Matomo you remain in control of your data, while still getting deep insights into your websites and apps.