We are proud to announce Piwik 3.0.1: a new minor release of Piwik!
Piwik 3.0.1 is a follow up release to the epic Piwik 3 release bringing a few improvements as well as solving a few issues reported by users after the Piwik 3 upgrade. The most visible change is that most icons for browsers, operating systems, search engines and website icons have been updated in high resolution. This was the first contribution from Lukas Winkler and we can all be thankful for this awesome improvement!
51 tickets have been closed by more than 11 contributors!
After You Update
- Fill in our 2017 Piwik community survey. It only takes 5 minutes and will help us give you the best Piwik experience this year!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- We support businesses to make the most of Piwik Analytics. Contact Support to get started.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.0.1 release there are New and improved APIs.
Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 36 plugins already compatible with Piwik 3 but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- Piwik Community Survey!
- How do I fix the error Warning – Error while sending QUERY packet?
- How do I test a specific variation or share a URL for a specific variation?
- Roll-Up Reporting User Guide
- How do I know whether the plugins I use are compatible with the latest Piwik version?
- Roll-Up Reporting FAQs
- Blog: It’s Piwik Analytics Survey time: Your Opinion Matters!
- Blog: 9 plugins you should definitely have heard of to prevent data leaks, security breaches and to get more flexibility in the way you log in to your Piwik.
- List of Features in Piwik Analytics
- FAQ: How do I change the Super User’s password when password recovery emails are not sent?
- FAQ: How is a ‘unique visitor’ counted in Piwik?
- FAQ: How does Piwik detect unique and returning visitors? (with User ID, Visitor ID from cookie and/or fingerprint)
- User guide: User ID
- Service: Training for Piwik
- FAQ: How do I force Piwik to use SSL (https) for improved security?
- User guide: Help resources
- Service: We offer support subscriptions for businesses worldwide to make the most out of Piwik analytics.
- FAQ: How do I automatically login my users in Piwik when they go from my CMS to Piwik?
- Service: We help you update your Piwik to the latest version
New plugins on the Marketplace
By the Piwik team and InnoCraft:
By third party developers:
If you are missing some functionality in Piwik or need a bug fixed, or if you need a new custom feature developed especially for you, you can sponsor the development of it. Fill in this form to get started.
Need help upgrading Piwik?
List of 51 tickets closed in Piwik 3.0.1
- #10587 More beautiful (and vectorised?) icons for browsers, operating systems, device types, device plugins [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #11082 When safe mode is displayed, and Super User was not logged in already, let Super User display the full safe mode to troubleshoot further [by @mattab]
- #11090 Unique visitors are displayed/processed wrongly when amount is bigger than 1000 [by @sgiehl]
- #11096 File integrity checker now reports files found in the filesystem but not expected to be there [by @mattab]
- #11119 Number of pageviews missing in realtime map tooltip [by @sgiehl]
- #11055 Widgetized Dashboard accessed with token is no longer working after updating to 3.0
- #11063 updated browser and os icons [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #11122 Layout issue in installation process
- #10876 Display safe mode when a third party plugin triggers error such as “Call to undefined method Piwik\Menu\MenuTop::add()” [by @tsteur]
- #11043 Safe mode: Display plugin versions next to plugin names [by @mattab]
- #11040 On Apache server: Internal Server Error due to .htaccess [by @mattab]
- #11066 Non Well Formed Numeric Value in Live Plugin in 3.0 [by @mattab]
- #11098 fix WARNING: /home/piwik/htdocs/plugins/Referrers/Controller.php(422) Warning – Invalid argument supplied for foreach() [by @mattab]
- #10941 Update FAQ: How do I change the Super User’s password when password recovery emails are not sent?
- #11080 [automatic translation update] Updated 1042 strings in 51 languages (ja, zh-tw, da, ar, be, bg, bs, ca, cs, cy, de, el, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fr, gl, he, hi, hr, hu, id, is, it, ka, ko, lt, lv, nb, nl, nn, pl, pt-br, pt, ro, ru, sk, sl, sq, sr, sv, ta, te, th, tr, uk, vi, zh-cn, tl) [by @sgiehl]
- #11134 [automatic translation update] Updated 1201 strings in 14 languages (zh-tw, ar, da, el, es, fa, fr, hu, it, pl, ru, sq, sv, tl) [by @sgiehl]
- #11142 [automatic translation update] Updated 352 strings in 1 languages (zh-tw) [by @sgiehl]
- #10719 Allow plugin to decide about archiving without visits: new method Piwik\Plugin\Archiver::shouldRunEvenWhenNoVisits() [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #10982 Use gender-neutral wording where possible [by @x3ro, @mattab]
- #11052 Remove on pixel overlapping boxshadow on the corners [by @michelgotta, @mattab]
- #11083 when there’s an error during Twig template processing, or during LESS css compiling, or a generic PHP error, display the safe mode [by @mattab]
- #11091 Enabling WOFF files under Windows IIS [by @ksubileau, @mattab]
- #11093 updated searchEngine and social icons [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #11094 Clarify FAQ instructions for logme mechanism (automatically logging in users when they click from my app to Piwik)
- #11095 Live API: New ‘generationTimeMilliseconds’ field used to process Average generation time in Visitor Profile [by @mattab]
- #11097 Do not add Options -Indexes to .htaccess [by @mattab]
- #11101 Fix Numeric value out of range: 1264 Out of range value for column ‘interaction_position’ [by @mattab]
- #11121 updated plugin icons [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #11123 System check, File integrity: Report directories to delete separately + display command to delete directories and files [by @mattab]
- #11103 Release Piwik 3.0.1-b1 [by @mattab]
- #11124 Release Piwik 3.0.1-b2 [by @mattab]
- #11154 Release Piwik 3.0.1-b3 [by @mattab]
- #11139 Added new event for totals calculation [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11158 Updating piwik/referrer-spam-blacklist (1.0.11) and piwik/piwik-php-tracker (1.1.0) [by @mattab]
- #11156 Release Piwik 3.0.1
- #5548 Device models are not recognized for various devices [by @sgiehl]
- #5564 recognize PritTorrent as bot [by @eteubert, @sgiehl]
- #5568 isTouchEnabled – array instead of boolean [by @sgiehl]
- #5569 Fixes fixtures for some YAML parsers [by @mneudert, @sgiehl]
- #532 timer4web.com
- #533 Add stocktwits.com
- #547 add adsensecustomsearchads.com
- #548 New spammer meduza-consult.ru [by @mattb77, @spmedia]
- #550 New spammer azbukafree.com [by @mattb77, @spmedia]
- #554 Add mockupui.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #6 Issue with file_get_contents and PHP 5.5 [by @braekling]
- #21 Add support for fetching the content with CURL when fopen is disabled in PHP configuration [by @mattab]
- #22 Output the image/gif HTTP header only when needed [by @mattab]
- #6 Add possibility to add custom tracking parameter
- #22 New const for number of max categories [by @tsteur, @mattab]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!