We are proud to announce Matomo 3.3.0: the first public release of Matomo after we announced our new name!
“Matomo” now replaces the name “Piwik” almost everywhere in the application. We’re going to continue renaming all projects, tools, Tracking SDKs, documentation, over the next few weeks. The release also ships with several minor bug fixes, as well as new features in Log Analytics. See the full changelog below for details.
53 tickets have been closed by more than 11 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or contact the Business Support Team to make the most of your Matomo Analytics and get professional support (paid support).
- Please help us spread the word about Matomo! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Matomo Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- Support our efforts by donating to the project.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.3.0 release there is a new HTTP API: API.getMatomoVersion. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 63 plugins already compatible with Matomo 3 but we think this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
Need help upgrading Matomo?
Read the Updating Matomo user guide or for more help contact the Matomo experts.
List of 53 tickets closed in Matomo 3.3.0
- #12410 Piwik is now Matomo [by @tsteur]
- #12386 All Websites view does not truncate website title when title is very long [by @sgiehl]
- #12401 API: when an invalid format is specified, keep the error message shorter [by @mattab, @sgiehl]
- #6064 Multi-Channel attribution modelling
- #12160 Hide duplicate actions in visitor log by default [by @sgiehl]
- #12414 Consider matomo-org as official github owner [by @tsteur]
- #12249 Fixes memory leak in piwikApiService. [by @jvilk, @tsteur]
- #12334 Piwik 3.2.1 Right Sidebar Menu issue [by @sgiehl]
- #12342 in the console command diagnostics:run, display a success message when all checks are green [by @mattab]
- #12404 Email server settings: disable fields auto completion [by @mattab, @tsteur]
- #12429 use SPDX license specifier for plugins
- #9586 visitor log: grouping hides information [by @sgiehl]
- #12419 [automatic translation update] Updated 1069 strings in 13 languages (fi, cs, fr, ru, sq, tr, ro, de, ja, zh-tw, sv, el, pl) [by @sgiehl]
- #11986 Upgrade to latest Travis CI infrastructure [by @mneudert]
- #12189 Ability to customise the piwik/tmp directory path in config/config.ini.php file [by @iMarkus, @mattab]
- #12281 Usort Warning ReportsProvider.php line 166 [by @sgiehl]
- #12295 Extends TestRunner options for Travis trusty distribution selection [by @mneudert, @sgiehl]
- #12298 Adds segment for device model [by @sgiehl]
- #12299 Adds segmented visitor log for provider report [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #12333 Release Piwik 3.2.1 [by @mattab]
- #12339 Respect maintenance mode when archiving [by @tsteur]
- #12343 When general settings admin is disabled, do not show archive settings [by @tsteur]
- #12344 Integrity check in Piwik-3.2.1 shows essential core directories/files as ‘deletable’… [by @sgiehl]
- #12347 Improves truncate twig filter [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #12350 Log Analytics: use latest submodule [by @mattab]
- #12355 JS Tracker: make setSecureCookie work [by @mattab]
- #12357 Show trace in log message only if enabled. [by @tsteur, @mattab, @sgiehl]
- #12362 Files integrity system check messages
- #12387 Truncate multisites label if too long [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
- #12393 Prevent fatal error message when accessing visitor log without access [by @tsteur]
- #12398 Prevent possible error languageTranslateWithCode is not defined [by @tsteur]
- #12405 UI test improvements [by @sgiehl]
- #12407 Fix theme color regression [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
- #12412 Delete PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE [by @Findus23, @tsteur]
- #12415 Further Piwik.org => Matomo.org replacements [by @tsteur]
- #12416 Update default DB table prefix [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12421 Show Matomo instead of Piwik in the user interface in more places [by @mattab]
- #12424 Mention name change in the developer changelog [by @tsteur]
- #12427 Matomo 3.3.0-b2 [by @mattab]
- #12434 Show the ‘Piwik is Matomo’ banner after the successful upgade [by @mattab]
- #25 Log Analytics: Track the HTTP request method used for each request (GET or POST) [by @sgiehl]
- #138 Piwik & self signed certificates : urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed. Add new –accept-invalid-ssl-certificate [by @ntd]
- #183 Adds option to enable tracking of HTTP-method as page custom variable [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #195 Abort with warning when using Python 3 [by @mneudert, @mattab]
- #197 Invalid log lines with common_complete log format
- #198 Only issue an invalid line status, when the line was really invalid and skipped [by @mattab]
- #199 Add –accept-invalid-ssl-certificate option. [by @smarsching, @mattab]
- #200 Make code compatible with Python <=2.7.8. [by @smarsching, @mattab]
- #201 Run _get_token_auth after config object is initialized. [by @smarsching, @mattab]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!