When using the Search Engine Keywords Performance plugin, you can import one of your website’s keywords into the corresponding Matomo (Piwik) website. But it is also possible to import the Google Keywords from several websites/sub-domains into one Matomo website. To import the Google Keywords of several domains, you first need to 1) create a property set in Google Search Console and then 2) import keywords from this property set into Matomo. Follow these two steps:
1) Create a new property set (from Google’s documentation).
- In the Search Console home page, click Create a set.
- Optionally modify the name of the new set.
- Add members to your set from existing verified properties in your account.
- Click Save to save your new set.
Note: It will take a few days to start seeing data for your new set, even if you already have data for all the member properties.
2) In Matomo, configure the keyword import from this new Property set.
- In Matomo (Piwik) > Administration > Search Performance, below Google Search Console, click Setup Configuration.
- Below Configure websites click the Add configuration
- Select your Matomo (Piwik) Website to import keywords into, and then select the Property set you just created in the Google Search console.
After 2-3 days, all keywords from your Property set should be imported in Matomo (Piwik).