We are proud to announce Matomo 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 and 4.0.5: new minor releases of Matomo Analytics.
In these few releases we’re mostly addressing issues that were discovered in Matomo 4.0.0 as well as making small improvements.
37 tickets have been closed by 4 contributors.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade, but Matomo 4.0.0 does contain major database upgrades.
New and updated guides and FAQs for Matomo 4
- Our new Page Performance feature can help you increase conversion rates by showing you exactly how fast or slow your website is going, and WHY. An Akamai Online Retail Study in 2017 found that a 100-millisecond delay in website load time could underperform website conversion rates by up to 7 percent.
- Support for offline tracking.
- Support for app specific API tokens.
- Automatically anonymise the referrer to avoid tracking personal data by accident.
- Enforce the disabling of cookies.
- The option to not store any IP address at all.
- Easily disable visits log and visitor profile feature.
- New segment to separate visitors who gave consent vs visitors who didn't give consent.
List of 37 tickets closed in Matomo 4.0.x
- #16866 Unable to log in to matomo after 4.0.3 upgrade – Nginx/Ubuntu
- #13818 Support date format last week, last month, last year [by @sgiehl]
- #16867 Displaying widgets in iframes logs bruteforce attacks [by @sgiehl]
- #16889 AbstractDeviceParser::getShortCode() must be of the type string, int returned [by @sgiehl]
- #16892 Check only invalidations created for correct sites [by @diosmosis]
- #16879 Comparison feature on All Websites dashboard not working (Showing through Site Selector/Not showing comparison data) [by @sgiehl]
- #16885 named parameters in mysqli_stmt->bind_param
- #16887 [automatic translation update] Updated 14 strings in 2 languages (de zh-tw) [by @github-actions[bot], @sgiehl]
- #16813 Use wikimedia/less.php instead of leafo/lessphp [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #16843 Avoid inserting duplicates in invalidation table to reduce IO. [by @diosmosis]
- #16895 Remove invalidations for segments that are not pre-processed if found. [by @diosmosis]
- #16899 Host detection: use HTTP_HOST as default, but provide a setting to use SERVER_NAME instead [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
- #16778 SEO Plugin broken [by @sgiehl]
- #16788 CLI Archive might not stop [by @diosmosis]
- #16786 No custom dimensions in Matomo 4.0.0
- #16798 Error upgrading db while upgrading to 4.0.0-b1 (session update fails) [by @sgiehl]
- #16804 Matomo 4.0.0 warns about “ExampleTheme requires Piwik <4.0.0-b1” [by @tsteur]
- #16811 Matomo 4 migration: Index column size too large [by @sgiehl]
- #16822 Improve token auth migration [by @tsteur]
- Change referrer url size to 1500 (#16835)
- Trim referrer url if needed (#16836)
- Create robots.txt to prevent bots from indexing Matomo app (#16795)
- Improve php8 compatibility (#16838)
- re-add missing condition for –skip-segments-today (#16777)
- #16828 never specify optional parameter before required one [by @tsteur]
- #16853 Missing
setGenerationTimeMsafter upgrade to 4.x [by @tsteur]
- #16857 Matomo 4.0.2 warns about “ExampleLogTables requires Piwik <4.0.0-b1” [by @tsteur]
- #16775 –skip-segments-today no longer working in Matomo 4? [by @diosmosis]
- #16795 Create robots.txt to prevent bots from indexing Matomo app [by @mattab, @tsteur]
- #16837 More rigorous checks for non-existant site so archiving wont fail if … [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #16842 Segments not working on preprocessed files since Matomo 4.0.0 [by @diosmosis]
- #16844 only select invalidations that were added before a sites archiving began [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #16851 Fix ttl not being respected on existing invalidations [by @diosmosis]
- #16869 Widget access always only works with view access not respecting new config setting [by @diosmosis]
- #16870 When forcing GET request method in JS tracker then disable send beacon [by @tsteur]
- #6443 Detect browsers: Slimjet, 7Star, MxNitro [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6444 Detect new brands: Starlight, GEOFOX, Verico, Tinmo, Matrix and Detect devices for existing brands: Asus, Sharp, Coolpad, Sony, OPPO, Lenovo, Philips, Vivo, Xiaomi, Manta Multimedia, NEC, Vernee, Karbonn, Krüger&Matz, RugGear, DEXP, Digma, MiXzo, Atom, Yu, Acer, Irbis, teXet, Telefunken, Onda, IconBIT, Polaroid, Doogee, Allview, BB Mobile, Touchmate, ArmPhone, Memup, Kazam, ZTE, Odys, Jinga, Ginzzu, iLife, Mobicel, Blu, Blaupunkt [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #6448 Detect Crazy Browser [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!