This is a new and exciting role that will add true value to our next phase of growth.
The purpose of the People & Culture Leader is to ensure the business delivers world class services to the Matomo business by embracing a dynamic remote culture for our people in talent management. Matomo has grown from 12 to 30 people in 18 months and is well positioned to scale and grow significantly further in the next 2-3 years.
We require an x factor People & Culture Leader with a minimum of 5 – 10 years experience that has been through the phases of scale and growth, ideally with a Remote environment in a SaaS business. We are a truly remote model business.
This role will own the responsibilities of the full suite of talent management in:
This will include utilising your expertise in talent management to enable the business to scale for the future. You have a highly engaging and positive personality that shines in coaching, consulting and mentoring a broad range of personalities in different geographical locations.
We are looking for a proactive, structured and disciplined approach to your tasks and activities. The ultimate goal is to build a truly recognisable remote culture in the SaaS industry. This will require a special person with a proven track record in building, developing and nurturing a dynamic culture and making a difference.
Your experience and expertise should demonstrate strong knowledge in:
- Instilling our values into our daily working lives
- Creating dynamic remote team cultures
- Maximising performance with innovative tools
- Personal health and safety for all our people
- HR compliance
If you have a strong desire to be a part of another exciting adventure, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you have the skills, experience and personality to be our People & Culture Leader.
All applications will be dealt with in complete confidence.
Key role responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Business Strategy and Implementation
- Keep the Matomo visions & values at the forefront of all decision making.
- Develop protocols and practices for driving new initiatives, structures and changes down through the business in a manner that ensures a high degree of uptake and acceptance at all levels.
- Provide leadership to the group in providing initiatives that will enhance the business.
- Act as champion and have ultimate responsibility for adoption and implementation of performance management and recognising and rewarding initiatives.
- Implementation of best practice processes where existing structures require review and standardisation.
- Careful consideration to researching, qualifying & implementing new & innovative initiatives to maximise performance on resources, recruitment & retention.
- Implementation and management of Matomo events plan, to include budget responsibility, event planning and delivery.
- Implementation and on-going support of all systems necessary to support management functions.
HR and Compliance:
- In conjunction with the COO, responsibility for HR functions within the group.
- Act as the point of reference on all legal and HR issues and disputes.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place to address such issues.
- Act as the “arbitrator” in resolving internal conflicts.
- Ensure that all legal documentation is up-to-date and compliant.
Training and Development:
- Responsible for leading and delivering a cohesive people training programme throughout the business, in accordance with individual business unit requirements and industry best practice.
- Implement a personalised Matomo resourcing framework for all business units.
- Induction of all new staff and ensuring appropriate on-going training and support is delivered.
Recognition and Rewards:
- Ensure that staff feel recognised & rewarded in the business.
Qualifications and experience
It is desirable that the People & Culture Leader have:
- 5 – 10 years proven track record of building and implementing world class people initiatives.
- Previous experience as People & Culture Leader and/or Corporate Services Manager, in ideally a remote business.
- Proven record in executing operating plans.
- Ideally have an understanding of the SaaS operating model.
- Exceptional verbal and written English language skills.
- Well-developed communication skills with a broad range of people, demographics and cultures.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve through positive influence.
- Empathy with the existing company culture.
- Exceptional interpersonal, time management and organisational skills.
- Disciplined system and process approach to business.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- High-levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible and willing to embrace change.
- A reliable performer with an exemplary work attendance record.
- High attention to detail.
- Sense of humour.
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand time zone (NZST)
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skill set
- Immediate impact
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and can support visa applications.
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!