Roll-Up Reporting is a premium feature which is included in our Cloud-hosted Business plans or you can purchase it on the Matomo Marketplace if you self host Matomo On-Premise. Learn more about all the benefits and features of Roll-Up Reporting.
When to use a Roll-Up site
Roll-Up Reporting lets you aggregate data from multiple websites and apps into one single site. It lets you answer questions like “How many visits happened on all of my websites and apps?” and “Which campaigns contributed the most across several of my websites?” or “How do my various Brands overall compare with each other?”
When you have several shops (eg white-labels) it is very valuable to see how your ecommerce shops are performing overall. Or when you are a web agency and you are serving many customers and want to provide each customer with a single aggregate view of all their web properties.
You can create Roll-Ups in the Websites Management the same way you would create a regular website or app.
To create a Roll-Up, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “All Websites” on the top right
2. Click on “Add a new website”, a pop up will appear
3. Click on “Roll-Up” to create a Roll-Up
4. Name your Roll-Up as desired
5. Choose the websites from the dropdown under “Source measurables” or search for a term and add all the websites which contains the search term
6. Configure the currency and time zone of your preference
7. Click on “Save”
Note: Super User access is required, in order to create a Roll-Up.
If you want to change a Roll-Up at a later point, simply go to “Measurables: Manage” again and click on the “edit-icon” for the Roll-Up you want to change. You can create as many Roll-Ups and assign as many websites and apps to it as you wish.
Viewing reports of Roll-Ups
You can view all reports for Roll-Ups just like you do for any other website or app. To make it easier for you, we prefix Roll-Ups in the “website selector” and “All Websites Dashboard” with “[Roll-Up]”. This allows you to quickly identify such sites and search for them.
Visits log and real time reports
In the Visits Log and Real-time widget you will see all visitors across several websites. To still know which website a visit belongs to, the name of the website is shown above the visit details.
Roll-Up site’s visits log shows users across websites
Real time widget showing users across the Roll-Up websites
- FAQ: How do I measure and get reports for my page sections / categories / mini-sites / languages? (explains using Custom dimensions within a single website VS tracking in different websites and using Roll-up to aggregate)