Piwik 2.7.0 is a new major release of Piwik!
What’s new in 2.7.0?
In this release we have packed several major new features and many small improvements. The new features in this release are: User ID, New Pivot Table feature for Events reports, new plugin to count users visiting several of your websites, new Content Tracking plugin, new Browser language Report listing the user language codes, and more (see below the list of all issues that were closed in this release).
63 tickets have been closed by 15 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- Contact Piwik Partners for any enquiry, custom development or to learn more about making the most of Piwik.
- It’s Piwik Analytics Survey time: your Opinion Matters! take 5 minutes to answer our few survey questions.
- Note: This release contains major database upgrades and upgrading your database will take a long time if you have a lot of data in your database.
- Exceptionally when you upgrade your Piwik to 2.7.0 you will run through the Upgrade screen twice (instead of only once as usual). If you use the command line you will have to execute the command ‘./console core:update’ twice. This is expected and normal behavior for this release.
Please make sure you read the Update Piwik guide for high traffic instances.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 2.7.0 release there are API deprecations (adding items to menu), new plugin APIs, new Reporting APIs and a new command ‘./console core:clear-caches’ lets you easily delete all caches).
-> Check out this CHANGELOG.md file (in the root of Piwik) to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 26 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning!
New and updated guides and FAQs
List of 63 tickets closed in Piwik 2.7.0
- #3490 User ID feature: Accurate User detection across devices [by @mattab, @tsteur]
- #6162 New metric ‘nb_users’ counting the number of Active Unique Users (the count of distinct User IDs set) [by @mattab]
- #6082 Cross websites reporting: Let me see the number of users who browsed two websites (new InterSites Piwik plugin!)
- #5976 Make it easier to discover and access reports footer options and icons [by @diosmosis]
- #6201 Content Tracking [by @tsteur]
- #5355 Show [+] icon in the reports rows when the row can be expanded [by @diosmosis]
- #6078 Event reporting: new report to view the second dimension as columns (Pivot by second dimension) [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #6097 Browser language reporting: Let me see the different language codes [by @vox3r, @mattab]
- #6132 Allow opt-out to be shown within an iframe on other domains [by @Guite, @mattab]
- #5923 As a Piwik admin, I want to disable ability for users to create segments for “All Websites” [by @diosmosis]
- #5932 invalidateArchivedReports should not delete the data but invalidate it until re-processed [by @mattab]
- #5933 New $period parameter to the API call CoreAdminHome.invalidateArchivedReports [by @mattab]
- #6231 Log Analytics: new parameter –download-extensions to override list of files tracked as downloads [by @postalservice14, @mattab]
- #5972 Wrong default date when adding annotations [by @tsteur]
- #4302 Setup Coveralls for Piwik Code coverage report [by @sgiehl]
- #6275 Display a warning in admin to super users in case PHP 5.3 is used [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6034 Add an icon next to “Segments” box [by @diosmosis]
- #6056 display permanent notification to Super Users in admin screen for PHP 5.3 warning about EOL [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6243 Adding new PivotByDimension DataTable filter that can pivot a report by (almost) any dimension. [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #6079 Archiver: allow to process unique visitors across multiple websites [by @diosmosis]
- #6109 Tracker API: cid parameter no longer requires token_auth [by @mattab]
- #6116 Allow invalidated archive data to be used until they are re-processed [by @mkurzeja, @mattab]
- #6120 Log analytics : import_logs.py doesn’t work any more
- #6124 insight select options: all option not working after you switch to another option [by @tsteur]
- #6128 problem with opt-out-iframe: when calling forwarded to log-in-screen with “idSite= is missing” [by @diosmosis]
- #6131 Log Analytics Update README add regex example for syslog format [by @ahattouti-canaltp, @halfdan]
- #6134 Upgrade from 2.5.0 to 2.6.1. breaks [by @diosmosis]
- #6137 PHP Arrays not Serialized by Default [by @claytondaley, @MichielDeMey, @mattab]
- #6140 Make it easier to define URLs for Menu and remove an unnessary parameter [by @tsteur]
- #6141 Menu Plugin API improvements [by @tsteur]
- #6145 Generate plugin should no longer ask whether it should also create an API and a controller [by @tsteur]
- #6149 When generating a plugin we should require at least the developer’s Piwik version [by @tsteur]
- #6153 Menu: If development mode is enabled we should check whether action exists [by @tsteur]
- #6155 Php serializer was not serializing arrays by default. [by @claytondaley, @mattab]
- #6169 User ID implementation [by @mattab]
- #6175 Deprecate new_visit_api_requires_admin config setting [by @mattab]
- #6178 Bug: on hover of table rows incorrect jquery selector will result in size of value spans being same as largest label [by @diosmosis]
- #6185 Clean up arobases [by @kylekatarnls]
- #6190 fixes #6174 – added possibility to add ‘disableCookies’ option in trackinking code generator [by @sgiehl]
- #6192 Let Segments define a callback to use for suggested values in segment editor [by @czolnowski, @mattab]
- #6193 Add angularjs code to open and close dialogs. [by @diosmosis]
- #6199 Implementation of new Browser Reports by Language and Language code [by @vox3r, @mattab]
- #6211 Replace header() with Common::sendHeader() when possible [by @kylekatarnls, @mattab]
- #6213 Add option to disable menu title change after click position in top menu. [by @czolnowski, @mattab]
- #6221 Refs #6078, extract factory logic from Report::factory and move to ComponentFactory utility class. [by @diosmosis]
- #6233 #6232 getExpiresHeaderForFutureDay should be static [by @kylekatarnls, @mattab]
- #6235 Fix one unit test in PHP 5.6 allow charset complement in content-type [by @kylekatarnls, @mattab]
- #6237 use php_uname() instead of shell_exec(‘uname’) [by @hdi-kw, @mattab]
- #6245 HTML scheduled report does not render in browser [by @mattab]
- #6246 german i18n mixed up after Update to 2.6(.1)
- #6249 More tests for content tracking [by @tsteur]
- #6273 User ID should be defined as dimension [by @tsteur]
- #6276 The import_logs.py script does not treat “.apk” files as downloads [by @andrejb, @mattab]
- #6277 Fix import_logs.py apk downloads (#6276). [by @andrejb, @mattab]
- #4074 Use PSR-4 for autoloader
- #5373 Argument 1 passed to Piwik\API\DataTableManipulator\ReportTotalsCalculator::hasDataTableMetric() must be an instance of Piwik\DataTable, instance of Piwik\DataTable\Map given [by @tsteur]
- #6136 Fixed typo in README [by @MichielDeMey, @halfdan]
- #5965 Improve detection of proc filesystem that works despite potential open_b… [by @snout1979, @mattab]
- #6143 [automatic translation update] Updated 62 strings in 1 languages (cs) [by @sgiehl]
- #6208 [automatic translation update] Updated 510 strings in 9 languages (pl, fr, de, it, ja, nb, tr, da, el) [by @sgiehl]
- #6240 [automatic translation update] Updated 131 strings in 6 languages (cs, da, de, el, pl, sv) [by @sgiehl]
Piwik aims to be the ultimate open alternative to Google Analytics. We are building a platform to let you easily collect data from websites, apps & Internet of Things, then let you visualise this data and extract insights. Did you know you can get involved in the project?