We are proud to announce Matomo 4.13.0: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
This is another maintenance release improving the reliability and stability of Matomo. On top of these fixes and improvements, we have also added helpful guides for sites transitioning from Google Analytics. These can be seen on the getting started tracking page.
In Tag Manager, we have now added support for translations. Much of the text was previously only available in English, but support for other languages can now be added over time as the community contributes the translations.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
52 tickets have been closed by more than 12 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major security fixes.
Our security bug bounty program welcomes & rewards researchers who discover and responsibly report to us any security issues found in Matomo or any of the plugins created by Matomo/InnoCraft.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Please make sure you read the Update Matomo guide for high traffic instances.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 4.13.0 release there is a new config setting `enable_opcache_reset`, useful for multi-tenant installations. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
- iOS SDK [by @brototyp]
- Android SDK [by @d4rken]
New guides and FAQs
Need help upgrading Matomo?
Read the Updating Matomo user guide or for more help we offer paid support plans.
List of 52 tickets closed in Matomo 4.13.0
- #19917 Harden check for valid redirect urls in logme method [by @sgiehl, @peterhashair]
- #19887 Ensure Tag Manager update are run on updates [by @sgiehl]
- #19957 Detect GA3, GA4 or GTM during installation and suggest migration guides [by @bx80, @peterhashair]
- #19903 Prevent exception possibilities in retrieving columns from previous data row [by @sgiehl]
- #19909 Add help icon ability to subcategories in the Twig nav menu template [by @peterhashair]
- #9969 Hide widget when not found (goals, custom dimensions, custom reports) [by @peterhashair]
- #18550 Fix SQL syntax error due to incorrect parameter [by @sgiehl]
- #19512 Improve / fix handling of best converting page on goal overview [by @sgiehl]
- #19867 Add exception for invalid limit before grouping in API request [by @peterhashair]
- #19879 Fix for opt-out toggling on page load and incorrect default state [by @bx80]
- #19899 Avoid escaping of characters other than ” [by @peterhashair, @sgiehl]
- #19914 Handle invalid variable type sent to Period/Range.php [by @sgiehl]
- #19970 Avoid double formatting of conversion rate in comparison mode [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
- #19992 Correctly escape email addresses in mailto links [by @sgiehl]
- #17371 Ensure performance timings are sent as integer values [by @sgiehl]
- #19626 Handle encoding in translation files [by @sgiehl]
- #19846 Update Semver dependency [by @sgiehl]
- #19872 Update autocomplete values [by @peterhashair]
- #19968 Fix flat lines in Sparklines when comparing segments [by @sgiehl]
- #19919 Fix value of delete_logs_enable not displayed correctly in UI [by @sgiehl]
- #19922 Add help link Vue component [by @peterhashair]
- #19948 Allow calls to opcache_reset to be disabled in config [by @samjf, @justinvelluppillai]
- #19960 Fix incomplete tool tip for best converting entry page in goals conversion overview [by @peterhashair]
- #19973 Resolve inaccurate charts when comparing 2 segments with week period in the visits overview [by @peterhashair]
- #20017 Resolve incorrect archiving error notification [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
- #563 Add custom visitor cookie timeout setting [by @tomper00, @AltamashShaikh]
- #568 Add translations for tags,triggers and variables [by @AltamashShaikh]
- #559 Resolve translation key is not loaded error on “Versions” page [by @snake14]
- #311 Update ecommerce tracking in etracker [by @ben-dw, @AltamashShaikh]
- #560 Fix a translation key not being registered with the client [by @snake14]
- #571 Update etracker source URL [by @ben-dw, @AltamashShaikh]
- #574 Add escaping for percent sign for ScrollReachTriggerPercentageDescription key [by @AltamashShaikh, @snake14]
- #7268 Detect new brands : UE, Hykker [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7273 Detect new brands : Hiberg, Hartens and detect existing brand : Infinix [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7275 Identify Microsoft Office user agent [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7276 Improved detection of office apps and detect ZorinOS [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7277 Detect existing brand : Vivo, Zebra, Oppo, Xiaomi, Tecno, Samsung [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7280 Detect new brands : AMA, OSCAL and detect existing brand : Philips, Stylo, DEXP, X96, H96, Gionee, Wiko [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7282 Detect new brands : Fluo, Quatro and detect existing brand : iLife, Nvidia, Toshiba, Smooth Mobile, Samsung, Allwinner, China Mobile [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7283 Change client family to null instead of empty string for consistency [by @TheOnlyAl, @sgiehl]
- #7284 Adds detection for various libraries and improve detection for iPadOS [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7286 Detect new brands : ALLINmobile and detect existing brand : Dell, Coolpad, Mint, Tecno Mobile [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7287 Detect new brands : Uniden and detect existing brand : Vivo, Infinix [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7289 Detect new brands : TETC, Vizmo and detect existing brand : Oppo, Google. Samsung, Huawei, Sony, Cherry, Evercoss [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7290 Adds client hints test for Brave browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7291 Detect new brand : 10moons and detect existing brand : iBrit, iVooMi, Samsung, LG [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7292 Detect new brands : Farassoo, Ophone, XWave and detect existing brand : InFone [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7294 Detect new brands : Foxxd, K-Lite and Detect devices for existing brand: Hotwav [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #21 Avoid escaping of characters other than ” [by @sgiehl]
- #108 Fix possible notices on PHP 8.1 [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!