SSO offers many benefits. It can ensure consistent access control across the enterprise and external providers, potentially reducing support costs related to authentication / accounts management.
What SAML offers:
- Usability – One-click access from portals or intranets, deep linking, password elimination and automatically renewing sessions makes life easier for the user.
- Security – Based on strong digital signatures for authentication and integrity, SAML is a secure single sign-on protocol that the largest and most security conscious enterprises in the world rely on.
- Speed – SAML is fast. One browser redirect is all it takes to securely sign a user into an application.
- Phishing Prevention – If you don’t have a password for an app, you can’t be tricked into entering it on a fake login page.
- IT Friendly – SAML simplifies life for IT because it centralizes authentication, provides greater visibility and makes directory integration easier.
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.
Feedback on this page
Next FAQ: What does SAML do?Previous FAQ: What options are available for Single Sign On (SSO) for Matomo?