SSO offers many benefits. It can ensure consistent access control across the enterprise and external providers, potentially reducing support costs related to authentication / accounts management.
What SAML offers:
- Usability – One-click access from portals or intranets, deep linking, password elimination and automatically renewing sessions makes life easier for the user.
- Security – Based on strong digital signatures for authentication and integrity, SAML is a secure single sign-on protocol that the largest and most security conscious enterprises in the world rely on.
- Speed – SAML is fast. One browser redirect is all it takes to securely sign a user into an application.
- Phishing Prevention – If you don’t have a password for an app, you can’t be tricked into entering it on a fake login page.
- IT Friendly – SAML simplifies life for IT because it centralizes authentication, provides greater visibility and makes directory integration easier.