Unfortunately in Matomo a user cannot edit their usernames. However there is an easy solution.
Follow these steps to create a new user with the correct username:
- Login as Super User in Matomo, or ask a Super User to follow these steps for you.
- Go to Administration > Users.
- Change the email address for your current user (the one with the wrong username). For example change it to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Create a new user with the right username.
- Assign this new user the same permissions as the old user.
- Save the changes.
- Then delete the old user.
Now you can use the new user with the correct username!