Every time you make a change to your website, whether it’s as simple as a new blog post or as complicated as an entire redesign, you can make a note of it in Matomo (Piwik). When you look back and see that certain dates have more visits than others, you can look at the annotations you made to figure out why. Then, you can act on this new information.
For the most part, the possible annotations you can make are only limited by your imagination, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Changes to website content and design (new blog posts, new site design, etc.).
- E-mail newsletters and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Offline advertising launches (print, radio, television, etc.).
- Important business milestones, such as product launches.
- Key calendar events, such as public holidays.
If anything occurs that is important to your website or your business, be sure to make a note of it in Matomo, so you’ll know if it has an affect on your visits.