We are proud to announce Piwik 3.2.0: a new minor release of Piwik Analytics.
In this release we introduce a completely new Segment Editor. You can now create custom segments of your audience faster and easier! Try out the new segment editor and get deeper insights into your users segments.
For those of you measuring your Ecommerce shop in Piwik, you can now add all the “Ecommerce > Sales” reports as Widgets in the Dashboard. Bring on the awesome ecommerce dashboards!
We also introduce several minor bug fixes and solve the issue of the broken Czech language file in the previous release. Piwik 3.2.0 also brings full compatibility with PHP 7.2. Heaps more devices, and referrer spammers, are now detected by Piwik!
61 tickets have been closed by more than 15 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or contact the Business Support Team to make the most of your Piwik Analytics and get professional support (paid support).
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- Support our efforts by donating to the project.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.2.0 release there are New Segments available and new APIs features for plugin developers. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 56 plugins already compatible with Piwik 3 but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Piwik team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
Congratulations to the SDK maintainers and contributors for these great releases!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- Become a Piwik Partner
- We’re hiring! Technical Support Engineer (Enterprise Customer Success) and Software Engineer for Analytics Platform
- FAQ When I run an A/B test experiment on the first step in the funnel, how does the A/B test affect the reporting of the goal and funnel?
- FAQ How do I measure form field usages for text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, multiselect fields?
- Which shortcuts can I use when replaying a session recording video?
- How to sell Piwik services without any confusion?
By the Piwik team and InnoCraft:
By third party developers:
List of 61 tickets closed in Piwik 3.2.0
- #12094 Fix for Not able to load translation file plugins/UserCountry/lang/cs.json: Syntax error, malformed JSON [by @jaromirmuller, @sgiehl]
- #12040 Better segment editor and fixes [by @tsteur]
- #12166 When embedding Dashboard as Widget/Iframe, the Segment Selection does not apply [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11942 Ability to add “Ecommerce > Sales” reports as Widgets in the Dashboard [by @diosmosis]
- #10814 In all emails, show links to Piwik as HTTPS when using force_ssl=1
- #12131 First column gets narrower the more sublevels are opened [by @sgiehl]
- #12146 Make it possible to show a header message for datatables [by @sgiehl]
- #11905 Extract series picker into angular component [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #12097 Unable to save frequency of old data deletion schedule [by @eramirezprotec]
- #12101 Call to undefined function Piwik\Plugins\ScheduledReports\mb_strtoupper() in plugins/ScheduledReports/Controller.php 39 [by @sgiehl]
- #12134 Warnings all over the page in every page (Warning – htmlentities(): charset ‘Windows-1255’ not supported) [by @sgiehl]
- #12148 Fix reports are not cached per site [by @tsteur]
- #12154 Fix bugs in table sorting query builder [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12123 [automatic translation update] Updated 85 strings in 8 languages (cs, da, el, fr, ja, pl, sv, tr) [by @sgiehl]
- #12136 Improve a message in english (grammar) [by @iMarkus, @sgiehl]
- #11995 Allow WidgetConfigs used in ByDimension widget containers to be shown in dashboard manager [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #12091 Ignore misc/user/*js files in integrity checker [by @mattab]
- #12099 Make old Sparkline Library support PHP 7.2 [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #12102 Template header & footer event [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12106 Adding new events triggered when dynamic files are changed by Piwik. [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #12109 Make sure all users are returned [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12110 Glossary: make sure to return all metrics and reports [by @mattab, @sgiehl]
- #12111 No longer show “this is demo.matomo.org” message in top control [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12112 Fix possible “Action setIgnoreCookie not found in the module CoreAdminHome” error [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12119 Pass –piwik-domain value to phpunit via environment variable… [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #12125 Tracking: Write current interaction position for all actions [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12135 Force using utf-8 as charset for htmlentities/htmlspecialchars [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #12145 Improve promo widget [by @tsteur]
- #12150 Remove the word Piwik from CSV download filenames [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12151 Add quotes around goal conversion rate metric [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #12159 Set the piwik domain before initialising environment so the correct config will be used [by @mattab]
- #12144 Minor marketplace plugin formatting tweak for bundles [by @tsteur]
- #5646 Facebook messenger detection [by @etienne-martin, @sgiehl]
- #5647 Adds detection for Nokia branded phones by HMD Global [by @jan2000, @sgiehl]
- #5648 Adds detection for Blaupunkt devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5649 Adds detection for Evolveo devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5650 Adds detection for more Kindle devices [by @sgiehl]
- #5651 Adds detection for TrekStor devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5652 adds detection for various Sony devices [by @sgiehl]
- #5653 Adds detection for UMIDIGI devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5654 Adds detection for Neffos devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5655 Facebook messenger detection #5646 [by @etienne-martin, @sgiehl]
- #5656 Adds detection for Odys devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5657 Adds detection for Konrow devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5658 Adds detection for Wolfgang devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5659 Adds detection for various specific devices [by @sgiehl]
- #5660 Adds detection for Firefox Focus browser [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5661 Adds detection for Landvo devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5662 Adds detection for Cyrus devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5663 Adds detection for JAY-Tech devices [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #5667 Added support for Edge/Android and Edge/iOS … [by @nickurt, @sgiehl]
- #5669 Adds detection for recent Apple devices [by @sgiehl]
- #5671 DAVdroid recognition [by @HostedDinner, @sgiehl]
- #627 Add f1nder.org [by @spmedia]
- #628 Add seojokes.net [by @spmedia]
- #629 Add rapidsites.pro [by @spmedia]
- #630 Add cheap-trusted-backlinks.com [by @gripgrip, @spmedia]
- #631 Add isotoner.com [by @spmedia]
- #632 Add realresultslist.com [by @spmedia]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!