Welcome to the latest Piwik 1.8.3, the fastest and most stable Piwik release to date.
What’s new in Piwik 1.8.3?
View more information and screenshots in the 1.8.3 blog post.
- Send reports via SMS
- New Report and Widget: Visits by Day of the Week
- A ‘refresh’ button for dashboard widgets.
- Better dashboard layouts.
- A new scheduled task that may drasticallyreduce the size of your Piwik database.
- A faster log importer.
- A better way to pick websites when managing Piwik’s settings.
- A nicer period selector.
- View more information and screenshots in the 1.8.3 blog post.
This new version does not contain major database schema changes, so the update should be quite easy even if your Piwik DB is enormous.
After You Update
- Please use the forums for support.
- We really appreciate if you can spread the word about Piwik on your twitter, blog, website, to your friends, at conferences, etc.
- I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions?
- How do I see the pages that most visitors landed on? How do I access the top pages people use before leaving the websites?
New & Updated pages
- New Piwik Integration modules with other CMS and Ecommerce softwares
- Optimize & Scale Piwik ? High traffic performance Howto
- Simple Intranet analytics
- Piwik Custom Merchandise, and soon to be released stickers
List of 46 tickets closed in Piwik 1.8.3
- #2708 Send reports via SMS
- #3003 Huge DB Disk space savings! Database purge should trigger on all archive_* tables at least once a day
- #3245 New Report: Traffic by Day Of Week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
- #3134 Improve Tracking API performance: track bulk page views as POST request
- #3321 Log Analytics: huge performance improvements using new Bulk Tracking API
- #3204 Piwik should not require mysql LOCK privilege so more users can enjoy Free Web Analytics!
- #3282 Better Visits per visit duration time range breakdown
- #3181 Custom logo regression: reverting to piwik logo does not work anymore
- #3251 Fatal error on goal report, no sparklines
- #3207 Less PHP Memory usage! Truncate filter should not be applied recursively when sub-datatables are not loaded
- #3281 Calendar: Week is sometimes highlighted 1 day too early in the calendar only
- #2222 Paypal tracking: Tracking API improvements & how to
- #3196 “Estimated database size after purge” causing long lasting SQL query
- #3273 Update to jquery 1.7.2 and jquery ui 1.8.22
- #3267 New Updated Dashboard Layouts
- #3278 Add build scripts for ASUStor App Central
- #3279 Add build script for QNAP NAS package
- #3307 Japanese Graphs: support more characters, enable kozgopromedium font in tcpdf libs
- #3293 Individual reloading of dashboard widgets
- #3178 “Mysqli prepare error: This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet”
- #3179 Installer should use Piwik logo instead of blue text
- #3200 Undefined index in Top Keywords for Page URL (v1.8.2)
- #3236 Installer is writing wrong configuration for SSL installations to config.php.ini
- #3192 mobile vs. desktop pie chart does not show all values
- #3188 Pie chart on Dashboard could be incorrect if only one Browsertype was tracked
- #3194 Charset or parsing error in Visitors View
- #3186 Percent error on pie graphic
- #3202 UX: Reuse the website selector with inline search in all places in the UI
- #3277 Re-order global.ini.php sections to accommodate Web App Gallery + WebMatrix
- #3180 Message: Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /homeDataTable.php on line 470
- #3292 Piwik.js: when using on an outlink, it should track a download and not an outlink
- #3285 Ignore Web browsers “Preview” http request
- #3270 Import Logs script: when a http requests fails (mysql fail or other exception), display errors in plain text, not html
- #3208 Archive.php cron script: clarify / help users when there is an empty error
- #3187 Handle matrix URI parameters to ignore parameters like “;jsessionid=…”
- #3201 GET Parameter with square brackets is not excluded properly.
- #3303 i18n: enable translation of weeks and months labels in historical graphs
- #3274 Real time widget and visitor log to display Time spent on page
- #3301 Embed dashboard should forward the &segment parameter
- #1320 Increase perceived tracker responsiveness
- #3210 Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property
- #3286 Strict Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in MySQLMetadataProvider.php on line 254
- #3218 Undefined property: Archiving::$idSitesInvalidatedOldReports in misc/cron/archive.php on line 236
- #3226 clarify Site::get error message
- #3255 Excluded Parameters should have unlimited length, instead of limited to 255 chars
- #3295 “Length of visits” pie chart disappears when browser window is resized