We are proud to announce Matomo 4.9.0: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
Matomo 4.9.0 continues our path towards increased reliability and stability. We completed a major overhaul of our Knowledge Base and this release benefits from significant improvements to the discoverability of relevant, timely information to help new users get up and running with Matomo faster, and more experienced users to find features that may be useful.
We have also added a number of useful new features such as new segments for ‘Ecommerce Order Revenue’ and ‘Revenue left in cart’, and small performance improvements and bug fixes. The Vue JS migration has progressed and now includes Tag Manager.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
62 tickets have been closed by more than 13 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
No major security fixes were included in this release.
Our security bug bounty program welcomes & rewards researchers who discover and responsibly report to us any security issues found in Matomo or any of the plugins created by Matomo/InnoCraft.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 4.9.0 release there are no platform changes to report. Read more about previous platform changes in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
New and updated guides and FAQs
We have completed major improvements to our Knolwedge Base Guides and FAQs, aimed at helping you find the information you need more easily. Over 1200 FAQs and Guides have now been recategorised.
Need help upgrading Matomo?
List of 62 tickets closed in Matomo 4.9.0
- #15985 New segments for ‘Ecommerce Order Revenue’ and ‘Revenue left in cart’ [by @peterhashair]
- #18066 Detect when the website is a Single Page App (SPA) or a Progressive Web App (PWA) and link to the relevant guide [by @peterhashair]
- #18934 Matomo knowledgebase discoverability improvements [by @justinvelluppillai]
- #18618 Improve performance in deleteLogDataForDeletedSites when deleting data for more than one site
- #18787 Clarify the Newsletter Opt-in message during installation [by @peterhashair]
- #18865 Handle case only file name updates on case insensitive file systems [by @bx80, @justinvelluppillai]
- #19006 Fix Sarawak and Terengganu on Visitors Interactive Map Widget [by @sgiehl]
- #18806 Inline Help – show report generation date on “Overview” reports with Evolution Graphs [by @peterhashair]
- #17738 Don’t log an error when not supported browser is used [by @bx80]
- #17892 Don’t create test cookies when cookies are disabled [by @justinvelluppillai]
- #18902 Set the _pk_id in the past when deleting cookie. [by @aleksijohansson]
- #18873 Remove subtable tooltip if rows are displayed expanded upon search [by @sgiehl]
- #18990 Minor performance improvement for archive invalidator [by @tsteur]
- #18054 Multi server environment in maintenance mode shouldn’t result in 503 response [by @peterhashair]
- #18790 Prevent archiving of data for time periods that start in the future [by @bx80]
- #18852 Apply max execution query time to Live.getCounters API and queryAdjacentVisitorId method [by @tsteur]
- #18883 Migrate Dashboard directive/model to VueJS [by @diosmosis]
- #18903 Fix PHP8 Trim Error [by @deybhayden, @sgiehl]
- #18926 Migrate custom dimension management [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #18931 Migrate LanguagesManager to VueJS [by @diosmosis]
- #18932 Migrate live widget refresh to VueJS [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #18939 Migrate multisites plugin components to VueJS [by @diosmosis]
- #18956 Rename dimensions and segments with Server time to Site Time/Time in UTC [by @AltamashShaikh, @sgiehl]
- #18975 Migrate AnonymizeIpController to VueJS [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #18989 Migrate DoNotTrackPreferenceController to VueJS [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #18995 Fix issue where date ranges might include too many subperiods [by @sgiehl]
- #443 Add new option to Matomo Variable to disable browser feature detection in Matomo Tag
- #321 Improve tracking capabilities of visibility events [by @tomper00, @AltamashShaikh]
- #450 Fix bug preventing “0” value for trigger condition [by @sgiehl]
- #423 Migrate version management to VueJS [by @diosmosis]
- #424 Migrate container management to VueJS [by @diosmosis]
- #5316 Add detection for new device type wearables
- #6989 Introduce browser client hint detection [by @sgiehl]
- #7018 Detect devices for brands: Teclast, Readboy, Vivo, Xiaomi, Conquest, Huawei, AllDocube, OPPO, Meizu, Newman, Lava, Hisense [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7021 Detect new brands Angelcare, Hamlet, Vorcom and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7022 Add engine for CCleaner and ToGate [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #7023 Improve version detection for Chrome OS [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7025 Adds detection for ClearPHONE, Doppio, Jio, Point Mobile, Schok, Vios devices, improves detection for Alcatel, Allview, AT&T, Blu, Crosscall, Digicel, Hipstreet, Hisense, HTC, Huawei, Hurricane, Hyundai, iHunt, Kalley, Kodak, KRIP, LG, Logic, Mione, Motorola, OnePlus, OpelMobile, Pantech, Positivo, Quantum, Realme, Sky, TCL, Techwood, Tecno Mobile, Tigers, Vivo, Wiko, Wolki, Xiaomi, Yes, Yezz, ZTE devices, adds detection for ClearOS Mobile [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7027 Adds detection for CyBrowser, Hi Browser, Navegador, improves detection for Opera, UC Browser, UC Browser Mini [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7028 Adds detection for AdBlock Browser and YouCare [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7029 Adds detection for Decentr browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7030 Improve detection of Chromium GOST
- #7032 Adds detection for China OS, PocketBook Browser, improves detection for Linux, Android Browser, Tizen Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7033 Adds detection for various bots and libraries [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7035 Detect new brands: Autan, UNNO, VDVD, Shanling, ecom and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7036 Add Detection for Samsung Watch [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7040 Add client hints fixture for Whale Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #7045 Improves detection for CentOS, GNU/Linux, PCLinuxOS, Red Hat, adds detection for Amazon Linux, TencentOS, adds detection for cPanel HTTP Client, ALittle Client, PHP cURL Class, SafeIP, NAVER Mail and adds detection for various bots [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7046 Add client hints fixture for Opera GX [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #7051 Detect new brands LOKMAT, Joy, iWaylink and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7052 Adds detection for Bittium, EGL, Logic Instrument brands, improves detection for AllDocube, Brondi, Hi, Hot Pepper, Energizer, Huawei, iPro, Sky, X-View brands, adds detection for Bliss OS [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7055 Adds detection for GeoIP Update [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7056 Adds detection for Dolphin Zero, Dolphin, OH Private Browser, Atlas, Jelly browsers [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7057 Detect Flow Browser [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7061 Detect browsers: UC Browser Mini, Soul Browser, Indian UC Mini Browser, Opera, Opera Mini, Fast Explorer, Comfort Browser, CM Mini, SilverMob US [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7062 Improves detection for Delta Browser, Monument Browser, Super Fast Browser and adds detection for APUS Browser, Ask.com, Ayoba, Savannah Browser, SavySoda, SnapU2B, Surf Browser, Ui Browser Mini [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7063 Implement Blink version detection via Chrome/ token. [by @JBYoshi, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7064 Improves detection for generic bots [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #7066 TVs detected as smartphone
- #7067 Improves detection for EKO, Kogan, Sharp, Sony, Vodafone devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7069 Detect new brands: YU Fly, VOGA, Haipai, Huagan, TD Tech and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7070 Adds detection for CentOS Stream, improves detection for CentOS, Roku OS [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!