We are proud to announce Matomo 3.5.1: a new minor release of Matomo Analytics.
In this release we keep on improving Matomo based on your feedback and our vision to build the most awesome analytics platform that gives you full control of your data. Some notable changes include: the “Actions” menu is now called “Behaviour”, and the “Referrers” menu is now “Acquisition”. A regression (in Row Evolution) has also been fixed. And the Real-time widget has been tweaked and now shows IP address, Visitor ID on hover.
62 tickets have been closed by more than 13 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or contact the Business Support Team to make the most of your Matomo Analytics and get professional support (paid support).
- Please help us spread the word about Matomo! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Matomo Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- Support our efforts by donating to the project.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.5.1 release there is a New API. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 74 plugins already compatible with Matomo 3 and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
- iOS SDK [by @brototyp]
- Android SDK [by @d4rken]
Congratulations to the SDK maintainers and contributors for these great releases!
Need help upgrading Matomo?
Read the Updating Matomo user guide or for more help contact the Matomo experts.
List of 62 tickets closed in Matomo 3.5.1
- #12876 See IP addresses in Real-time visitor widget [by @sgiehl]
- #12921 Show privacy notice when signing up for a newsletter during installation [by @diosmosis]
- #12862 Row evolution broken [by @sgiehl]
- #12937 Tooltip for limit selector appears even when limit selector is open [by @sgiehl]
- #12750 Rename Actions and Referrers in reporting menu [by @diosmosis]
- #12892 Check configured variables for availability in GeoIP2 server module [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12967 Slightly faster location provider instance creation [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #12806 Rename “Users” report to “User IDs” and move it down the list [by @sgiehl]
- #12895 Leave the help text always displayed once the Help icon was clicked [by @sgiehl]
- #12945 Add possibility to trigger the archiving only for a specific plugin [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #11049 GeoIPAutoUpdater fails updating geoip2 database with .mmdb file ending [by @mattab]
- #12766 Super users are not anonymous [by @letharion, @diosmosis]
- #12860 The Visitor Map does not show unique visitors at city level [by @sgiehl]
- #12910 Prevent possible fatal when showing deleted goals in visitor profile [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12927 Invalid MySQL Version [by @tsteur]
- #12944 Fix DI is not used in tracker updater command [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #12947 Fixed undefined APIRequest in Visualization.php [by @bagbag, @sgiehl]
- #12890 Update Intl translations to CLDR 33 [by @c960657, @sgiehl]
- #12912 [automatic translation update] Updated 273 strings in 13 languages (ar, da, de, fa, fr, hu, pl, pt-br, pt, sq, tr, zh-tw, el) [by @sgiehl]
- #12982 [automatic translation update] Updated 427 strings in 47 languages (am, ar, be, bg, ca, cs, da, de, el, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fr, gl, he, hi, hu, id, is, it, ja, ka, ko, lt, lv, nb, nl, nn, pl, pt-br, pt, ro, ru, sk, sl, sq, sr, sv, th, tl, tr, uk, vi, zh-cn, zh-tw) [by @sgiehl]
- #11588 EU is called “Unknown” in the country overview
- #12822 Improve and split tests [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12852 Move the “Locations” menu just above the “Real-time Map” [by @sgiehl]
- #12861 Add rel=”noopener noreferrer” to a link [by @nico3333fr, @sgiehl]
- #12864 In the GDPR Overview display the log data retention policy as configured [by @sgiehl]
- #12872 Make archive_tar compatible with PHP 7.2 [by @futureweb, @sgiehl]
- #12874 Allow use of GeoLite2-ASN database as ISP database [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12884 Improves realtime widget [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12886 Deactivate other Geoip2 plugins when the official GeoIp2 plugin is activated [by @sgiehl]
- #12887 Display visitor provider in Real time widget [by @sgiehl]
- #12900 Prevent undefined index ‘enable_ssl’ warning [by @sundbry, @sgiehl]
- #12905 Document “How do I create a custom opt-out form?” [by @diosmosis]
- #12911 Improve report documentation of search keywords report [by @sgiehl]
- #12913 Add new method to detect if root request is an API request [by @tsteur]
- #12930 Improve memory usage for some action archivers [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #12941 Disallow change of GeoIp2 server variables if GeoLocation admin is disabled [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12953 Allow numbers in css font family for opt out iframe [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #12959 Geoip1 should still be available even when Geoip2 is available [by @mattab]
- #5735 Added a few mobile user-agents (mostly top Android devices) [by @GregOriol, @sgiehl]
- #5736 Added a few mobile user-agents (mostly rare Android devices) [by @GregOriol, @sgiehl]
- #5738 Google bots not detected [by @sgiehl]
- #5739 Syntax regular browser.yml errror (JS) [by @sgiehl]
- #5740 Added a few more mobile device variants [by @GregOriol, @sgiehl]
- #211 Convert multidimensional query parameter args in URLs correctly [by @diosmosis]
- #29 Support Opt-Out Cookie and forward Opt-Out iFrame
- #41 Readme needs updating
- #44tracker proxy compatible with php 5.2 again [by @frictionel, @mattab]
- #654 Add uptime-gamma.net
- #785 Add atyks.ru [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #808 Update spammers.txt [by @spmedia]
- #809 Add shnyagi.net [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #810 Add comp-pomosch.ru [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #812 Add gandikapper.ru [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #813 Add hyip-zanoza.me [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #814 Add yaderenergy.ru [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #815 Add vzheludke.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #48 so.m.sm.cn not detected correctly [by @sgiehl]
- #50 Add coccoc.com search engine [by @hongquan, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!