So why are there some premium features?Researching, building, documenting, testing and maintaining quality products take years of experience and months of hard work by the team behind the scenes. When you purchase a premium plugin, you get a fully working product and you directly help the Matomo core engineers to grow and fund the new Free Matomo versions and cool features. However, it is important for us to mention that Matomo will always be free, it is a Free software under GPLv3 license and it will always be the same. Want to know more about this? Check out our FAQ about why there are premium features.
Can I test a premium feature before a purchase?Absolutely. There are two ways in order to do that:
- InnoCraft Matomo Cloud
- Matomo Marketplace
1. InnoCraft Matomo CloudThe easiest way is to create a free trial account (one minute of your time) on our Matomo cloud service. You will then have the possibility to test all the premium features during a 30-day trial period. No credit card is required.
Every premium feature can be trialled for free on the Matomo Cloud
2. Matomo MarketplaceThe second way is to get the premium feature from the Matomo Marketplace. We have an easy and hassle-free 30-day free trial period on each feature. This means that if you are not happy with a premium feature and you are within the 30-day period, then you can cancel your subscription without any cost. Guaranteed!
How to purchase and install a premium feature?
Step 1: Purchasing the featureIn order to get a premium feature, just add it to the cart: Once done, go to your cart and complete the checkout process to confirm the order. When the order is confirmed, you immediately get your license key on the order confirmation page. You also receive the license key by email.
Step 2: Activating the feature in your MatomoNow that you have received the license key, it is time to activate the plugin in your Matomo:
- Log in to your Matomo and go to “Administration => Marketplace
- Copy / paste the license key into the license field at the top of the page and click “Activate”
- The key will now be activated and you will see a couple of new buttons.
- To install the premium feature(s) you just purchased in one click, simply click on “Install purchased plugins”. Alternatively, you can scroll down in the Marketplace to the premium feature you purchased and click on “Install”. You can also download the ZIP file on https://shop.matomo.org/my-account/downloads
How do I install a Premium Feature when the Matomo server doesn’t have Internet access?Sometimes your Matomo Analytics server doesn’t have access to the Internet, for example in an Intranet or if you have manually disabled Internet features in Matomo. By default, a plugin can not be uploaded directly. But you can easily enable the upload a Zip file by adding
[General] in your config/config.ini.php file.
You can download your Premium Features as ZIP files, using your license key at: https://shop.matomo.org/my-account/downloads
Then to install the Premium plugin you can follow the steps below:
- Login as a Super User
- Click on “Administration (cog icon)” on the top right of your dashboard
- Click on “Plugins” on the left menu
- Click on “Upload a plugin in .zip format” on the top of the page and a pop up will appear:
- Choose the plugin ZIP file on your computer and enter your Matomo password
- Click on “Upload ZIP file”
- Click “Activate” to complete the installation of your new Premium Feature