At Matomo (Piwik) we are creating the leading open analytics platform that gives every user full control over their data. Today we are excited to announce the official launch of the Matomo Developer Guides at developer.matomo.org. The Developer Guides complement existing User Guides and more than 250 FAQs.
Matomo Developer Guides
The Developer guides will help you whenever you need to:
- Develop a new Plugin for Matomo (Piwik) — Plugin development guides introduce the Matomo Platform and explain how to get started with creating a new plugin to extend and customise Matomo.
- See what’s changed in the platform — Changelog for Matomo (Piwik) platform developers lists all changes to our HTTP API’s, Plugins, Themes, etc.
Helping Developers innovate with Matomo
Matomo (Piwik) is an open platform – it is open because users control their data, users control the Matomo software (it is Free/libre software) and also because users can extend the platform via the powerful plugins architecture. Matomo users can already choose from 49 plugins available on the Marketplace! (as of 2015 April 16th)
Now that developer guides are officially released, we are hopeful that even more talented developers will be able to create Plugins and distribute them on the Marketplace.
Share your feedback
We are committed to providing excellent Developer Guides and to achieve this, we need to hear your feedback and suggestions. To send us a message, click on the “Give Feedback” link in the footer of pages (we are listening!).
What’s coming next?
- Platform Developer Changelog will continue to list all changes to the Matomo (Piwik) Platform and APIs.
- We will regularly update the guides when there are changes in the platform.
- We will improve existing guides based on users’ feedback and suggestions (tasks are tracked in this issue tracker on Github.)
We hope you find the guides useful, and thank you for being part of the Matomo (Piwik) community!