We are extremely excited to reveal that Matomo has been selected as Sourceforge Project of the month!
After only one year and a half, Matomo (Piwik) has reached significant milestones: 150,000 downloads, 29 translations, thousands of active users and community members, and a growing developer community.
Many thanks to the Matomo (Piwik) users, developers, testers, translators… together we are building the best open source web analytics framework, and getting close to a 1.0 release (planned for early 2010!).
For more information, check out the Sourceforge interview for answers to these questions
- Why and how did you get started?
- Who is the software’s intended audience?
- What are a couple of notable examples of how people are using your software?
- What are the system requirements for your software, and what do people need to know about getting it set up and running?
- What gave you an indication that your project was becoming successful?
- What has been your biggest surprise?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- Why do you think your project has been so well received?
- What advice would you give to a project that’s just starting out?
- Where do you see your project going?
- What’s on your project wish list?
- How do you coordinate the project?
- What are you most proud of?
Or check out the screenshot of the interview below:
Note: this entry was published 2 months after the Project of the month award – we were busy coding during the summer
Learn more about our other Awards for Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics)