If you are currently using Google Analytics and migrating to Matomo Cloud, you may want to know how many hits you are tracking per month or per year in your websites, to estimate the cost of your Cloud plan.
In Google Analytics you will find the total “hits” per year, which is equivalent to the “hits” in Matomo.
To find the number of hits per month in Google Analytics
- please go to the “Admin” panel
- Then, at the “Property level”, click “Property Settings”
- scroll down to “Property Hit Volume”.
The number of hits per month is displayed next to the “Last 30 days”:
To get “hits per year”, you can multiply this number by 12.
To find the number of hits per month in Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
Note: In Google Analytics 4 (GA4) “Hits” are now referred to as “Events”
- Login to your GA4 account
- Navigate to the Events report, “Engagement” > “Events”
- Select a one month date range in the calendar (top right corner)
- The total “Event Count” displayed is the hits
To get the total “hits per year” for GA4, you can multiply the total event count by 12.
You may also be interested in the complete checklist for migrating from Google Analytics to Matomo.