Piwik 2.8.1 is a new minor release of Piwik! In this release we have focused on reliability and bug fixing. 28 tickets have been closed by 7 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- Contact Piwik Expert Consultants for any enquiry, custom development or to learn more about making the most of Piwik
The Piwik team warmly thank security researcher Dingjie Yang for responsibly disclosing a XSS vulnerability occurring in older Internet Explorer browsers. He reported the issue as part of our security bug bounty program.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
There was no change in Piwik 2.8.1 since Piwik 2.8.0.
-> Check out this CHANGELOG.md file (in the root of Piwik) to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 29 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning!
New and updated guides and FAQs
List of 28 tickets closed in Piwik 2.8.1
- #6470 Announce that Piwik will stop supporting PHP 5.3 soon [by @mattab]
- #4996 Content Tracking, Banner tracking: track impressions, Clicks on any piece of content [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6372 Allow admin users to customise the piwik.js code served by Piwik [by @mnapoli, @mattab]
- #6432 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function [by @tsteur]
- #6384 Content-type set to text/plain when requesting &idSubtable [by @tsteur]
- #6455 The initSession method has not been changed [by @burakcakirel, @diosmosis]
- #6454 Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in plugins/ScheduledReports/API.php on line 519 [by @diosmosis]
- #6445 Check if a file was actually copied when copying a file [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6440 Added events for Piwik update, enable/disable plugin and Plugin Settings update [by @mnapoli, @mattab]
- #6481 Console command generate:report not geting all available dimensions [by @tsteur]
- #6479 Events Pivot: reads only “from” from date range and fails. [by @diosmosis]
- #6475 PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Db\Adapter\Mysqli::fetch() in core/Tracker/Model.php on line 353 [by @mattab]
- #6474 Notice: Undefined offset: 39 core/DataArray.php on line 121 [by @mattab]
- #6466 Document how to enable Content Tracking by default using CustomTrackerJs
- #6156 redirect /index.php/.whatever?… URLs to /index.php?… to avoid Content-Type browser bugs [by @mnapoli]
- #6053 xss affecting IE6, IE7 and IE8
- #6015 Pages Search Results: Error message + Graph with no Data [by @tsteur]
- #6465 Php 5.6 “Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated” [by @mattab, @mnapoli]
- #6461 CI icons: Use svg instead of png to get better image quality [by @PeterDaveHello, @mattab]
- #6459 Removed tests for PHP 5.4 and 5.5. We only test for 5.3.3 and 5.6. [by @mnapoli]
- #6452 Issues with Zend Mode message [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #6413 Reduce number of jobs in the Travis CI piwik/piwik build [by @tsteur]
- #6281 Add missing search engine hosts [by @sgiehl]
- #6123 Visitors in Real-time ecommerce order tooltip formatting [by @tsteur]
- #6058 Keep composer.json and composer.lock synchronised at all times [by @mnapoli, @mattab]
- #6482 [automatic translation update] Updated 209 strings in 3 languages (ja, tr, cs) [by @sgiehl]
Did you know you can get involved in the project? Piwik needs you to create the best open analytics platform!