Matomo (Piwik) may in rare cases display an error such as
Internal Server Error or a
500 server error. This sometimes shows up as a white page, sometimes called the ‘White screen of death’. When you have such problem, please follow the following steps:
- The most common solution to the message
Oops... there was a problem during the request.is to setup Auto-Archiving in your Matomo by 1) Enabling the crontab to run the
core:archivecommand and 2) Disabling Browser Trigger archiving in the General Settings.
- If the error persists, or you’re getting a white screen/page, it indicates that there is a problem on the server: check in your web server error log file for an error message.
- When you find an error message in your server error log, then search for this message in the Matomo FAQ.
- If you do not find the answer in a FAQ, maybe it is a bug in Matomo. Search for the message in our issue tracker here.
- If you still have a problem and could not resolve it with those steps, please ask in the forums.