Matomo may in rare cases display an error such as ‘Oops… there was a problem during the request.’ or ‘Internal Server Error’ or ‘500 error’.
When you have such problem, please follow the following steps to resolve the issue:
- The most common solution to the message
Oops... there was a problem during the request.is to setup Auto-Archiving in your Matomo by following these two steps:
a) Enabling the crontab to run the
b) Disabling “Archive reports when viewed from the browser” in the General Settings.
- If the error persists, or you’re getting a white screen/page (sometimes called the ‘White screen of death’), it indicates that there is a problem on the server: check in your web server error log file for an error message.
- When you find an error message in your server error log, then search for this message in the Matomo FAQ.
- If you do not find the answer in a FAQ, maybe it is a bug in Matomo. Search for the message in our issue tracker here.
- If you still have a problem and could not resolve it with those steps, please ask in the forums.
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.