Form Analytics adds over 50 new metrics to your Matomo to give you all insights you possibly need to optimize your forms and increase your conversions. Some of the form analytics metrics are:
- How often was a form viewed and by how many viewers.
- How often was a form started after viewing a form.
- How often was a form submitted and re-submitted.
- How often was a form successfully completed (converted).
- How long visitors hesitated (waited) before they started filling out a form.
- How much time users spent on each form and long it took to submit or convert a form.
Form Analytics also reports various metrics about form fields such as:
- How often was a form field interacted with (eg. focus or change).
- Which fields did your visitors interact with first when they started filling out a form.
- Which fields caused a visitor to stop filling out a form (drop offs).
- How often your visitors changed a form field or made amendments.
- How often a field was refocused or corrected (eg usage of backspace or delete key, cursor keys, …).
- How much text they type into each of your text fields.
- Which fields are unneeded and often left blank.
- How long visitors hesitated (waited) before they started changing a field.
- How much time your visitors spent on each field.
These are only some of the metrics you get from Form Analytics! Along with many insightful form reports.
All the metrics and reports provided by Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) are listed in the glossary.