We are proud to announce Piwik 3.0.0-beta2: our second public beta release of the new Piwik 3!
Piwik 3.0.0-beta2 brings many improvements to Piwik compared to Piwik 2.X, including a full redesign of the application and several major improvements in the core analytics platform and core plugins APIs. To learn more about Piwik 3 read our recent posts: Piwik 3: New UI design, API changes & release date, and Piwik 3: Important notes and breaking changes.
Compared to Piwik 3.0.0-beta1 released a few weeks ago, this beta2 version fixes a few issues that were reported by our beta testers (thank you all!). A few visual improvements are included as well, such as: better grouping of items in the menu, better visualisation of clicks on the page in the Page Overlay report. See the full list of issues below.
This release could only be possible thanks to our dedication and love for our mission at Piwik, which is “To create, as a community, the leading international open source digital analytics platform, that gives every user full control of their data”.
21 tickets have been closed by 6 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Report any bug you experience or your feedback about Piwik 3 in our issue tracker,
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik 3! For example if you write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik, it really helps the project grow. We need your support!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- We can help you make the most of Piwik Analytics. Contact us via Piwik Professional support to get started.
- If you’re upgrading from Piwik 3 beta1, this release does not trigger any new database upgrade.
- If you’re upgrading from Piwik 2: This release contains major database upgrades and upgrading your database will take a long time if you have a lot of data in your database. Please make sure you read the Update Piwik guide for high traffic instances.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.0.0 release there are many improvements to the core platform: Breaking API changes, New features, New APIs, New commmands, API deprecations, and a new developer guide. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 65 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
Read more about migrating a plugin from Piwik 2.X to Piwik 3 in our Migration guide.
If you are missing some functionality in Piwik or need a bug fixed, or if you need a new custom feature developed especially for you, you can sponsor the development of it. Fill in this form to get started.
No feature or bug fix were sponsored in this new release, which was the result of the private and dedicated work of the creators and makers of Piwik.
List of 21 tickets closed in Piwik 3.0.0-beta2
- #10447 Make it easier to analyze overlay reports by making overlay bubbles’ sizes proportional to the metric value [by @phoob, @mattab]
- #8565 rename`getListHooksRegistered` to `registerEvents` (keep BC) [by @tsteur]
- #10693 Safe mode is not displayed when there is a crash/error in some cases [by @tsteur]
- #10703 Updating from 2.16 to 3.0.0b1 fails: piwik_site_setting doesn’t exist [by @tsteur]
- #10725 fix min and max event value is summed [by @tsteur]
- #10745 When clicking on a related report, the report title in a reporting page should be updated [by @tsteur]
- #10718 [automatic translation update] Updated 520 strings in 9 languages (tr, ar, da, de, es, ko, sq, nl, it) [by @sgiehl]
- #10742 [automatic translation update] Updated 395 strings in 32 languages (ko, ar, de, fr, pt-br, sq, bg, ca, cs, da, el, es, et, fa, fi, hi, id, it, ja, nb, nl, ro, ru, sk, sr, sv, ta, tl, tr, uk, vi, zh-cn) [by @sgiehl]
- #10809 [automatic translation update] Updated 407 strings in 8 languages (ru, sr, uk, zh-cn, de, es, it, ko) [by @sgiehl]
- #10683 Our process when we start to work on the next major release of Piwik
- #10393 Update SEO Metrics: make all metrics work and remove pagerank which was deprecated [by @pebosi, @tsteur]
- #10580 Tweak Overlay bubbles for better readability [by @mattab, @tsteur]
- #10696 Make sure safemode is shown in case of fatal error while rendering <head> [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10697 Mark the 3.0.0 upgrade as a major DB upgrade [by @mattab]
- #10710 Improve look of glossary [by @tsteur]
- #10713 Fixed GitHub case [by @lipis, @tsteur]
- #10731 Warning message in dashboard: Sparklines.php(62) – Piwik 3.0.0-b1 [by @mattab]
- #10751 Make sure to create a dropdown menu when there are more than 5 entries in a sub-menu [by @tsteur]
- #10764 Named parameters in generic proxy API events [by @tsteur]
- #10774 LanguagesManagerTest::testGetTranslationsForLanguages test sometimes fail with ” Exception: unable to save empty or invalid translations” [by @sgiehl]
- #10810 Merge 3.x-dev into master for 3.0.0-b2 release [by @mattab]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!