We are excited to announce the release of Matomo (Piwik) package for Debian based linux distributions!
There are several ways to use Matomo:
– Download and upload to your server
– or use 1-click Matomo (Piwik) installers
– or use Microsoft web app gallery
– or buy Cloud-Hosted Matomo service
– or as of today, you may get Matomo using our Debian package
What are the benefits of using Debian package over direct download?
For some system administrators, using Debian package is an easier alternative than directly downloading the code. It allows sysadmins to deploy Matomo (Piwik) within seconds using “apt-get install piwik -V”.
How do I install Matomo using official debian package?
The package supports Apache and Nginx web servers. Read the documentation at debian.piwik.org.
Do I have to use the Debian Package on my debian system?
No, you may still want to use Matomo (Piwik) using the direct download approach. You can keep Matomo upgraded quite easily using the popular 1-click automatic update.
How do I report a bug or feedback?
Create a ticket on the Github project Issues page.
Will the debian repository be maintained in the future?
Thank you to Aurélien for his great work on preparing, testing, and maintaining the Debian repository for Matomo (Piwik).
- Source code for the Debian package is on Github: piwik/package-debian
- How do I enable automatic updates to latest development release?
- How do I install Matomo (Piwik) on Debian type servers?