If you are using a recent version of Matomo, Custom Dimensions is activated by default so you don’t need to do anything. However if you are using an older version of Matomo On-Premise or Matomo for WordPress (below 4.0) you will need to follow the relevant steps below before you can get started.
- Log in to your Matomo Dashboard with a Super User account.
- Click the Cog Icon in the Top Menu to visit your Matomo settings.
- Go to the Marketplace page within the Platform settings.
- Find the Custom Dimensions plugin and click the big green Install button.(You may need to confirm your password at this stage.)
- The plugin will be downloaded to your Matomo instance and you can click the big green Activate Plugin button to start using it. Note: It is also possible to activate it via the command line with the following command:
./console plugin:activate CustomDimensions
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the Marketplace section of the Matomo Analytics menu.
- Download the Custom Dimensions Plugin.
- Tap on Add New within the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Click Upload Plugin and follow the prompts to upload the Custom Dimensions plugin zip that you just downloaded.
- Click Activate to enable the plugin with Matomo.