Create and manage session recordings
Before your users sessions will be recorded, you need to create a session recording.
To get to the “Manage Session Recordings” screen, click either in the reporting or in the administration menu on “Session Recordings” and then “Manage”. No developer knowledge is needed to configure any of the session recordings and you don’t need to adjust the code on your website. When you manage your session recordings, the UI always explains what each step is about in detail and it will literally take you only seconds to record sessions.
Creating and editing a session recording
To record new sessions, click on “Create new session recording” in the bottom left. To edit a session recording, simply click on the “edit” icon next to the name of a previously created recording.
When you create or edit a session recording, all you need to do is defining a name for the recording. That’s it. Optionally, you can choose to record activities only on a specific target page or target pages. To do this, you can choose between “URL”, “URL path”, “URL parameter” attributes and comparisons like “equals”, “starts with”, “contains”, “matches the regular expression”, and many more. The validator next to your target page lets you easily test whether the page you want to match actually matches the Pages on which you want to record your users sessions.
When you configure a session recording, you can optionally define advanced options such as:
- record a session only if the user clicked and scrolled (Requires activity)
- record only sessions if they have spent at least a certain time on your web page (Min Session Time)
- disable the recording of keystrokes that user enter into text form fields (Capture keystrokes)
- define how many sessions should be recorded (Number of sessions)
- how likely a user should be recorded (Sample Rate)
As always, the meaning of each option is clearly explained in the user interface.