Matomo (Piwik) can be used to track an unlimited number of websites. Matomo can track pages on multiple domains and subdomains. Most users track from 1 to 10 websites, but some Matomo servers track more than 10,000 websites!
Add a Website
You must be logged in to Matomo as the super user to add a new Website. Click on Administration to access the administration area, then under Websites/Measurable click on Manage. This page is used to create, update and delete websites.
Click on Add a new website to create a new site in Matomo. The website form shows all the options you can specify:
These are the attributes that you can specify for each website:
- Name: the website’s name
- Alias URLs: domains and subdomains that are tracked in this website. This will ensure that tracked domains don’t appear in the Referrer report.
- Excluded IPs: a list of IPs, or IP ranges (132.4.3.* or 143.2..) to be excluded from being tracked on all websites.
- Excluded Parameters: URL query parameters that should be excluded from URLs, for example session parameters. This will ensure your Behaviour > Pages reports stay clean and easy to analyse.
- Time zone: each website will report data in its given time zone. If you update the website time zone, only the reports going forward will be affected.
- Currency: the currency symbol will be displayed next to revenue in your goals.
- Ecommerce: if your website is an Ecommerce store you can enable the Ecommerce reports
You can also specify Matomo-wide values for these attributes at the bottom of the page. For example, you can set a list of IPs to exclude on all websites and URL parameters to always exclude from tracked page URLs on all websites.
Update and Delete Websites
To update a website, click on Administration (cog icon) > Websites/Measurable > Manage > Edit, update one or several fields, and then press Save.
To delete a website, Click on Administration (cog icon) > Websites/Measurable > Manage > Delete at the right of the Websites screen. Please double check before deleting a website, since this operation cannot be reversed.