Welcome to Data Privacy Day 2021!
This year we are excited to announce that we are participating as a #PrivacyAware Champion for DPD21 through the National Cyber Security Alliance. This means that on this significant day we are in partnership with hundreds of other organisations and businesses to share a unified message that empowers individuals to “Own Your Privacy” and for organisations to “Respect Privacy.”
Five ways to embrace privacy into your business
1. Create a privacy aware culture within your business
- Get leadership involved.
- Appoint privacy ambassadors within your team.
- Share messages about privacy around the office/or in meetings online, on internal message boards, in company newsletters, or emails.
- Teach new employees their role in your privacy culture and reinforce throughout their career.
2. Organise privacy awareness training for your employees
- Invite outside speakers to talk to employees about why privacy matters.
- Engage staff by asking them to consider how privacy and data security applies to the work they do on a daily basis.
- Encourage employees to complete online courses to gain a better understanding of how to avoid privacy risks.
3. Help employees manage their individual privacy
- Better security and privacy behaviours at home will translate to better security and privacy practices at work.
- Teach employees how to update their privacy and security settings on personal accounts.
- Use NCSA’s privacy settings page to help them get started
4. Add privacy to the employee’s toolbox
- Give your employees actual tools they can use to improve their privacy, such as company-branded camera covers or privacy screens for their devices, or virtual private networks (VPNs) to secure their connections.
- At Matomo, ensuring our users and customers that their privacy is protected is not only a core component of the work we do, it’s why we do what we do! Find out how.