If you find that you can’t log in to your Matomo, following the error’s instructions will normally fix the problem. Otherwise, you can try the following steps below.
- If you can’t log in because you don’t remember your username or password, then view the forgot my password or username FAQ.
- Make sure that cookies for the Matomo site are enabled.
- Check browser add-ons are not blocking the website traffic. For example disable any ad blocker.
- It may help to clear the site cache.
- If you open the login page using HTTP, try if using HTTPS works.
- If you are using a proxy server, you must configure Matomo to accept the proxy header that forwards the
- If the shown error message mentions issues with the referrer, then you may need to check your Matomo setup, as possibly the referrer header is not sent correctly.