By default, a click trigger in Matomo Tag Manager will fire a tag whenever a visitor clicks on the left, middle or right button.
Please refer to the steps below on how to get clicks only triggered on left, middle or right click.
- In Matomo Tag Manager click on “Triggers” in the left menu.
- Click “Create a new trigger”.
- Select a click trigger, for example “All Elements Click”.
- Under “Only trigger when” select “Click Button” – “Equals”.
- In the text field, enter which click button you want to trigger on (“left”, “middle” or “right”). In our example, we’ll enter
rightso it will only trigger on any right click.
Note: there is also an option “not equals” to not fire the trigger for a specific click button.
What are the possible values for click button text?