This is the roadmap for the Matomo project and lists what we plan to achieve in the short and long term. Our vision is for Matomo to be the leading open platform for analytics, giving you full control over your data.
Our mission statement
“To create, as a community, the leading international open source digital analytics platform, that gives every user full control of their data.”
Matomo’s mission statement
Learn below what we are planning for Matomo next!
Currently we are working both our Long Term Support 2.X version and our Matomo (Piwik) 3.0.0 release (released in early 2017).
View our current scheduled milestone and their respective issues on Github.
Long term goals (not scheduled yet)
These issues are not yet actively worked on, but we hope to tackle them next.
Feel free to comment your feedback and ideas on any of these issues:
- UI: evolution graphs: show visits for each day in selected period #955
- All websites dashboard: let user customise columns and add new ones #2390
- Measure (any) Things. Measure more than just websites and mobile apps #4734
- In Matomo (Piwik) Frontend, continue to use AngularJS more and more
- Faster Date range report requests #7573
- Awesome Real Time reporting #2439
- Developer community: reach 100 plugins released on the Marketplace!
- Data dashboard, Import metrics
- Pivot table #4776
- Make Matomo (Piwik) Accessible #4167
- Free Cloud-Hosted Matomo (Piwik) for Open Source projects
- Multiple Database backends
- IT infrastructure monitoring
- Recommendation engine
- Integrations with leading CRMs and marketing tools.
- Web Application Errors Tracking #4977
- API usage Analytics #4178
- Compare data for two different dates in tables, charts and reports #291
- 100+ Plugins (up to date) on the Marketplace!
- Actionable analytics
- Offline data tracking, Retail shop analytics
- Matomo (Piwik) Big data?
Sponsor a new feature in Matomo
If you are missing some functionality in Matomo (Piwik), need a particular bug to be fixed, or if you have custom requirements, you can sponsor the development of it. Fill in this form to get started!
These projects from the Roadmap have been released recently:
- Custom Reports
- Web form analytics
- Securely purchase premium plugins from within your Matomo (Piwik), in just a few clicks!
- A/B Testing product (launched as a Premium plugin)
- Video Player & Media Analytics (launched as a Premium plugin)
- Data driven: let’s use Matomo (Piwik) to track Matomo app usage #4589 – AnonymousUsageMeasurement plugin
- Matomo (Piwik) 2.15.0 (changelog), our Long Term Support release for Matomo 2.X
- Make Left Menu the default #7169
- Customer journeys: Goal Funnels #6080
- Track middle+right clicks on Outlinks
- Accurately track Time on page
- Refresh Matomo (Piwik) UI
- Recruit more volunteers with a better Translations Platform: Matomo (Piwik) on Transifex,
- Make Matomo (Piwik) work well even when it measures very large number of websites (eg. 50,000)
in Matomo 2.13.0
- Finalise Developer guides
- Device-Detector will replace UserSettings
- Dependency Injection
- Android SDK for Mobile App Analytics
- User ID
- Count number of users viewing several websites: Plugin InterSites
- Advanced Content Tracking
- Survey of Matomo (Piwik) community
- Migrate tickets to user friendly ticket system
#5273(Matomo (Piwik) migrated to Github issues)
- Zen Mode, to let you focus
- Events Tracking
- Custom Alerts
- Data Insights [beta]
- Movers and Shakers
If you like what you see, you can get involved… Matomo (Piwik) needs you. We appreciate your comments on the linked tickets or in the forums.
Contact Matomo (Piwik) experts if you want to sponsor one or several features from our roadmap.
- Data ownership
- Kaizen (改善): continuous improvement
Our vision for Matomo
Matomo is an open Platform
The Marketplace was officially launched for Matomo (Piwik) 2.0 in December 2013. All plugins developers and themes designers are invited to start building cool new stuff!
To prevent bugs and ensure stable software, Matomo (Piwik) extensively uses automated tests. A large number of tests run automatically after each modification to the source code. Having so many tests in Matomo code base helps us to be agile and release new features regularly while ensuring that the existing features are always working.
We are constantly working hard to ensure that Matomo (Piwik) is a secure software platform. We have already conducted three proactive professional security audits (the latest in Nov 2013). There has been hundreds of professionally trained security experts who scrutinize our source code as part of our bug bounty program.
What is the future of Matomo?
Matthieu, Matomo (Piwik) founder, explains in a blog post the key values that drive the Matomo project, and expand upon our goals and roadmap for both the short and long term future.