We’re looking for an experienced WordPress developer to work independently on the Matomo Analytics WordPress plugin (wordpress.org/plugins/matomo), our websites, the Matomo Marketplace, and the Analytics core platform software.
We do the vast majority of our collaboration online. We are a small, flexible team, and when you come onboard you will play an integral part in engineering. You’ll help us to make our products better and deliver a great experience to our customers. You will be working closely with your team (lead and other developers) and product manager and co-founders to build the future of Matomo.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Help make our development practices better and reduce friction from idea to deployment.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with the team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Documenting product features and contributing to our user-facing knowledge base.
- Improving our web app(s) and web designs using HTML, CSS and JS.
- Make customers successful by investigating 3rd level support requests escalated by the Support team.
- Should have experience in application development and be able to handle a large amount and complex code
- 5+ years commercial experience in product development, security and usable interface design
- Skilled at writing automated tests and reviewing code
- Analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic
- Experience using databases and SQL
- Familiar with Linux command line
- Ideally familiar in developing with WordPress
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand timezone (NZST)
- Working on a popular open source platform
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Flexible hours
- A rewarding salary
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skill set
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and can support visa applications.
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!