This is your opportunity to build a test team from scratch starting with a blank slate. Ideally you’ve done this before, or at least you’ve grown a test team and brought about some significant improvements to how they add value. We want you to come with strong ideas for how you’ll build a testing capability that isn’t just about testing, but is heavily involved in the product realisation process. You’ll be building a team, processes and culture, where the responsibility starts with being experts in the use of our product and being advocates for the highest quality in the user’s experience. This means helping in the triage and reproduction of customer issues, providing valuable feedback and insights during feature ideation, design and implementation, as well as being responsible for ensuring the product is being tested using automation and manual approaches.
In return you’ll get to be part of an emerging success story at the inflexion point of the uptake in ethical analytics. Matomo is undoubtedly a leader, and arguably the pioneer in this space, having built a solid reputation both in the Open Source community and with Digital professionals. We’re on a growth curve built on 15 years of sustainable business practices, and are now reaping the benefits of the accelerating demand for ethical analytics being driven by privacy-first legislation being passed in key European states and other global markets.
This role is contract based, with a clear mission to get the test capability established and embedded into our dev teams. You’ll be someone who’s motivated by the clear goal, the challenge and the knowledge that you’ll get what you need to achieve success. Once the test engineers have been hired and embedded into the teams, and the testing processes have been established, this particular assignment will be complete. There may well be additional work required subsequently, but this has not been scoped currently.
- Build and lead a team of initially 3-4 testers to establish a comprehensive testing capability for our SaaS product.
- Manage the successful transition of test team members into development team reporting structure.
- Develop, document and implement a testing strategy that covers manual and automated testing.
- Establish processes and tools for testing that are efficient, effective, and repeatable.
- Collaborate with the development team to identify and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Assist with triage and reproduction of customer issues.
- Provide feedback on product feature designs along the development pipeline.
- Ensure that testing is conducted in accordance with industry best practices and standards.
- Continuously monitor and improve the testing process to ensure that it remains effective and efficient.
- Provide regular status reports to the development team and management on testing progress and issues.
- Manage and prioritise testing activities to ensure that testing is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure that testing meets their needs and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software testing, including at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Experience with testing SaaS products.
- Experience with manual and automated testing.
- Experience with testing tools such as WebDriverIO, Selenium or Puppeteer.
- Familiarity with PHP, REST APIs and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of testing best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a contract position
This is a contract position with an expected duration of 6-12 months. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team and make a significant contribution to the success of our organisation.
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand time zone (NZST)
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!