We are in search of a seasoned Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to lead our Quality Assurance team. With over 7 years of experience in the field and proven management capabilities, you’ll be at the helm of ensuring the excellence and dependability of our software products. Your primary focus will be on strategic test planning, overseeing both manual and automated testing efforts, mentoring QA team members, and liaising with cross-functional teams to ensure the highest quality software deliverables.
Leadership and Mentoring
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to QA team members ensuring best practices are followed and knowledge is shared across the team.
- Review and approve test plans, test cases, and automated scripts prepared by team members.
- Foster a collaborative environment, ensuring clear communication and timely resolution of issues.
- Engage in hiring and training activities to build a highly skilled and motivated QA team.
Strategic Test Planning and Execution
- Work closely with product owners, developers, and stakeholders to understand product goals, and develop comprehensive, strategic test plans.
- Oversee the execution of manual and automated tests, ensuring adherence to established standards and methodologies.
- Lead the effort in defining, implementing, and maintaining the testing strategy, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
Advanced Manual and Automated Testing
- Oversee the design and execution of manual smoke, usability, and regression tests, ensuring all critical paths are covered.
- Oversee automated testing to verify the functionality, reliability, and performance of backend services.
- Evaluate and improve testing methodologies, processes, and tools to enhance software quality and team efficiency.
- Lead the initiative in integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines, ensuring seamless deployment of high-quality software.
- Drive the adoption of new testing techniques, tools, and best practices, promoting a culture of excellence within the QA team and across the organization.
Reporting and Communication
- Generate detailed test reports, summarizing test activities, results, and metrics for stakeholders and senior management.
- Clearly communicate test progress, results, and any potential issues to product owners, team leads, and stakeholders.
- Engage with cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment on testing objectives, and promoting a unified approach to achieving software quality goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Over 7 years of experience in quality assurance and software testing, including test automation and at least 2 years in a leadership or management role.
- Proficient in designing strategic test plans and overseeing both manual and automated testing efforts.
- Experience in mentoring and leading QA teams towards achieving organizational and project objectives.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and their integration with automated tests.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles, testing methodologies, and quality assurance best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to delivering high-quality software products.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to liaise with cross-functional teams and foster a collaborative working environment.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git), and a strong understanding of the Agile development process.
Don’t tick all the boxes? We still encourage you to apply as we are looking for individuals to grow with the team, and promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Matomo.
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- Immediate impact
- Onboarding/training plan
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand time zone (NZST)
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!