We’re seeking for an experienced software engineer to join our growing cloud team and help us in overcoming challenges. We are the creators of Matomo, the leading open source web analytics solution that gives people full control of their data and built-in privacy.
As a cloud software engineer at our company, you will be part of the cloud team that is responsible for hosting our Matomo Cloud SaaS analytics service on AWS. You will contribute in all phases of the life cycle. It is a hands-on role where you focus on support tools, support automation, billing integrations, quota enforcement, and user onboarding, but your contributions aren’t limited to it. You will also support your team members in keeping our Matomo Cloud secure, highly available, fast and up to date.
Our team is fully remote and collaborative, and you will be working closely with your team, the product manager, and the support team.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about understanding business goals and identifying pain points experienced by other teams. They have a genuine interest in how people use the product and enjoy being involved in the solution-finding process. The candidate is responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing, and reviewing solutions to ensure a good quality of all products we build.
Key role responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test and review high quality solutions.
- Maintain the security, performance and integrity of our products.
- Build pragmatic, straightforward solutions that use your time efficiently.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other DevOps and Engineers.
- Make users successful by investigating 3rd level support requests escalated by the Support team.
- Be On-Call on a rotational basis with other team members (half of the time, including nights and weekends).
- Understand the business’ priorities, how the product fits in, and what the users’ goals are.
- Gather and contribute ideas and approaches to build solutions.
- Evaluate the impact on engineering and bring suggestions and trade-offs to the table. For example, suggesting alternatives with similar impact that minimise engineering time.
- Be empathetic about how the product makes users feel and how those users benefit from using this product.
- Bring up ideas for improvements.
- Triage new issues on a regular basis to ensure urgent issues are dealt with.
- Participate in prioritisation by assisting in the collection and documentation of requirements and estimates.
- Participate in meetings and assess risks during the lifecycle of projects.
- Take ownership of assigned deliverables and effectively communicate any changes in plans or blockers back to relevant people.
- Help make our practices better and reduce friction from idea to deployment.
- Follow our best practices and processes.
- 8+ years’ commercial experience in software engineering
- Experience building products
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them
- Skilled at writing automated tests, reviewing code and writing documentation
- Effective and respectful communication style
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ideally: Building usable user interfaces
- Ideally: Experience working with AWS
- Willing to provide on-call support
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be based in New Zealand, Japan, Canada or immigrate to New Zealand (we can sponsor visa)
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Earn extra for being on-call
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- Immediate impact
- Opportunity to learn more about AWS including paid certifications
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and can support visa applications.
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!