Our Developers team is expanding, we’re on the look out for our Developer Team Lead to join our growing open source web analytics software company.
At Matomo, we offer analytics products & services to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages.
- Hire developers and grow the team.
- Hold regular 1:1’s with team members.
- Hold iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product owners (Co-founders).
- Lead and participate in retrospectives, demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy.
- Provide direct oversight for team members – define and assign tasks, track progress, provide mentoring/coaching, conduct performance reviews.
- Manage the releases of all our softwares: the open source Matomo platform, all other products, and the continuous deployment of the Matomo Analytics Cloud SaaS.
- Regular reporting and analysis to identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- Good performance is recognised and celebrated. Poor performance is managed promptly and effectively.
- Documenting product features and contributing to our user-facing knowledge base.
- Improve our processes whenever needed, documenting them, leading by example.
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the Developers team.
- This is also a hands-on role in the development when you’re not managing the team.
- 2-5 years managing high performing software engineering teams.
- Ability to build, guide and mentor a team.
- High EQ – you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and passion for what you do. You strive for results.
- Excellent technical background, 5+ years commercial experience in product development, security and usable interface design.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic.
- Must be comfortable working in a 100% remote, global and agile environment.
- Exquisite communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Product company experience
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- Experience with managing a global team (the team is across 3 continents)
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand timezone (NZST)
- A rewarding salary
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
- Working on a popular open source platform
- A huge “playground” to grow your skillset
- Co-working space paid for
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Immediate impact
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products & services to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: hundreds of millions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!