Matomo, the leading open-source web analytics solution empowering 1 million websites with complete data control and privacy, is seeking an experienced Head of Products to steer the strategic success of our entire product portfolio.
In this pivotal role, you will collaborate closely with our leadership team and co-founders (CEO & CTO) during your first year to establish a clear product vision and roadmap. Your invaluable contribution to refining our product delivery processes will be vital in achieving strategic success for Matomo. You’ll be entrusted with leading the product team and driving successful product strategies that stimulate revenue growth and user engagement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an encompassing product strategy that boosts user engagement, catalyzes revenue growth, and ensures coherence and alignment across all Matomo products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the design, engineering, and marketing teams to deliver top-tier product features on time and within budget.
- Conduct market research and analyze user data to pinpoint trends and opportunities for product enhancement and innovation.
- Set quantifiable goals and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success of product initiatives and adjust as required.
- Cultivate and uphold robust relationships with stakeholders and customers, ensuring consensus on product vision and roadmap.
- Proactively drives the difficult conversations needed to challenge executives, senior leaders and team members. Particularly on how we work or outcomes we need to achieve.
- Lead a team of product managers/product owners/UX, offering mentorship and guidance to foster their professional growth and expand the product team as necessary.
- Oversee the SaaS funnel, enhancing user experience and escalating conversion rates from free trial signup to activation to conversion, inclusive of website, emails, and product UX.
- Stay informed about industry trends and emergent technologies to guide product development decisions and identify fresh growth opportunities.
- Serve as Product Owner for one of our four software teams, ensuring the successful delivery of product features and improvements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience managing a rapidly growing SaaS or open-source product at scale with a keen passion for data analytics and strong analytical thinking.
- Profound expertise in product delivery, demonstrating the ability to work with individuals at all levels within complex environments.
- Extensive experience leading agile software development teams and overseeing multiple product managers.
- Demonstrated success in devising and implementing product strategy that promotes revenue growth and user engagement.
- Advanced proficiency in web technologies and an understanding of web analytics technologies.
- Proven leadership skills, with a focus on coaching and bringing out the best in team members.
- Exceptional facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Superior planning skills, with experience balancing competing priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Commitment to our organization’s culture of care and passion, nurturing innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Experience driving product-led growth and enhancing user experience throughout the customer journey.
- Demonstrated adaptability and resilience in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving industry.
- Opportunity to work in a customer obsessed business, dedicated to building high-quality open-source software with a strong mission of helping people grow their web projects while keeping full control of their data
- Opportunity to have a huge impact, driving product changes that will impact thousands of customers, a product that is used by more than 1 million websites and almost 2% of the whole Internet
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Flexible hours
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skill set
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand time zone (NZST)
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and will be able to assist in NZ visa application requirements. We’ll also help you move to New Zealand by providing a lump sum payment to help cover relocation expenses.
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At Matomo, we pride ourselves on our company culture that values transparency, open communication, and a strong sense of community. Our team is made up of diverse individuals who are passionate about privacy and data protection. We believe in empowering our employees to take ownership of their work and giving them the tools and support they need to succeed. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced work environment where you can make a meaningful impact and grow your skills, Matomo is the perfect place for you. We welcome individuals who are committed to our values and excited to join our team.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!