We’re on the lookout for a Developer Team Lead to join our growing open source web analytics software company. In this role you will be managing a team of 2 other developers in the products team. The majority of the work is hands-on working on interesting features like our Tag Manager, Heatmaps, Session Recordings, A/B testing, and many more. We’re growing the team so there are plenty of opportunities to further your career.
At Matomo, we offer analytics products & services to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages.
- Regular reporting and analysis to identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- This is a hands-on role in the development when you’re not managing the team.
- Maintain and improve our Matomo Analytics products.
- Document product features and contribute to our user-facing knowledge base.
- Help make our development practices better.
- Collaborate seamlessly with our open source community
- Participate in setting the strategy of the team with the stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in retrospectives, demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy.
- Provide direct oversight for team members.
- Identify & encourage areas for growth and improvement of the team.
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the team.
- Manage the growth of the team – hiring and setting up processes for success.
- 1+ year experience managing high performing teams.
- Ability to build, guide and mentor a team.
- High EQ – you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and passion for what you do. You strive for results.
- Excellent technical background, 7+ years commercial experience in web or product development.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic.
- Exquisite communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a 100% remote, global and agile environment.
- Product company experience
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- Experience with managing a global team (the team is across 2 continents)
- Experience with hiring and interviews
- 100% Remote work position
- Must be within 4 hours of New Zealand timezone (NZST)
- A rewarding salary
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- A huge “playground” to grow your skillset
- Opportunity to have immediate impact
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Paid certifications & training as applicable
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics, and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open-source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: billions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
Our community is worldwide with a strong core in Europe, and our company’s remote team members are mostly based in New Zealand but also in Germany, Austria, USA, France and India.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy-focused web/internet!
Interested in immigrating to New Zealand?
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and can support visa applications.
-> Apply online here. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!